• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand v India T20s & ODIs

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Arshdeep looked a top prospect since noticed him in IPL highlights a couple of seasons ago. Such a nice smooth bowling action - looks like he should be a good LH swing bowler in FC/tests too, though I checked and he's only played 6 FC matches so far. This has been a pretty rough intro to ODIs for him though.

Yeah I just told you all how much I like Arshdeep.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I think we all wrote him off as a Watling style nurdler when he actually really enjoys cutting loose, just doesn't get much opportunity to given he made his first break as a test opener
He shows glimpses - scored a crucial 67 off 48 in a successful run chase of 348 in 2020. Wonder if there's a chance he'll get reconsidered as a T20 option given Conway's keeping woes of late.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Where does this rate amonst ODI innings by NZ's keepers?

Ronchi vs SL would be no 1.
What was BMac's best keeping innings? The 80/90 odd in the 2007 CH in the McMillan game?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He shows glimpses - scored a crucial 67 off 48 in a successful run chase of 348 in 2020. Wonder if there's a chance he'll get reconsidered as a T20 option given Conway's keeping woes of late.

we've been diagnosing his issue of throwing away starts in tests all wrong - should go baz mode

Socerer 01

International Captain
Concern for me would be this side giving up steadily as Latham and Williamson settled in. This isn’t the first team for these guys to mentally check out, you lot are bench riders, show some passion and play for the jersey you ****s

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic partnership that should seal the game, though I hope it doesn't convince NZ this is the right combination to go in with (ie. Santner at 7). If you're not prepared to play Neesham at 7, then go with Macewell, or include another batsman and get overs out of Phillips and Mitchell.
Yeah ODIs are more forgiving of part-time bowlers than T20s. So where there's a case to be made that it's right to go with five bowlers in our T20 side, I think 4 bowlers plus part-timers is clearly the right option in the best ODI XI. (Unless you have a true allrounder, which we don't)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Moss

International Vice-Captain

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
these two extremes are not mutually exclusive though. as I’ve said before having a 8 who can bat decently is needed but what is more important is having 6 bowling options which would have allowed us to cover for Arshdeep’s poor start and Thakur slowly losing his grip on the game because Chahal wasn’t working in the middle overs. As things stand we are sabotaging ourselves by not picking those best bowlers in the bowler roles
My point is, in an attempt to select the best 4 or 5 bowlers, we are often shooting ourselves in the foot by not giving ourselves enough options and depth with both bat or ball (and putting out poor fielding sides almost always).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, in amongst all this, it's a new all-time record 4th wicket partnership for us in ODIs.