• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand v India T20s & ODIs

Socerer 01

International Captain
Nothing, except that we can pick someone who bowls and bats better. They have no redeeming features when their bowling is not good enough.
or.. you know.. we can pick them on the basis of the skill that they are supposed to bring… which is.. you know… being a good bowler

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
or.. you know.. we can pick them on the basis of the skill that they are supposed to bring… which is.. you know… being a good bowler
That is the point. I dont think LO cricket works that way anymore. I dont think any cricket works that way anymore. You cant just pick your 5 best bowlers and hope the top 6 score all the runs. And fielding is as important as any other skill especially in white ball cricket.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Fantastic partnership that should seal the game, though I hope it doesn't convince NZ this is the right combination to go in with (ie. Santner at 7). If you're not prepared to play Neesham at 7, then go with Macewell, or include another batsman and get overs out of Phillips and Mitchell.

Socerer 01

International Captain
That is the point. I dont think LO cricket works that way anymore. I dont think any cricket works that way anymore. You cant just pick your 5 best bowlers and hope the top 6 score all the runs. And fielding is as important as any other skill especially in white ball cricket.
these two extremes are not mutually exclusive though. as I’ve said before having a 8 who can bat decently is needed but what is more important is having 6 bowling options which would have allowed us to cover for Arshdeep’s poor start and Thakur slowly losing his grip on the game because Chahal wasn’t working in the middle overs. As things stand we are sabotaging ourselves by not picking those best bowlers in the bowler roles