• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As soon as I say Mills has bowled well he goes and gets hit for a couple of boundaries. Those came through great batting rather than poor bowling though to be fair.

Blaze

Banned
MoxPearl said:
even my bowling is better than wilsons! :P

This is typical. Everyone is jumping all over Wilson after one performance. You can't expect a guy to come in and play his first ODI for 12 years against arguabley the best ODI side ever the game has seen on a deck as flat as a pancake and the boundaries as small as you see on junior cricket and with the Aussies having plenty of wickets in hand so basically having a free licence to hit and expect him to perform miracles. It would be very harsh and hypicritical of the NZ selectors if he got dropped after one game.

_Ed_

What happened there? The run was taken off for running on the pitch or something.

Fiery

Banned
Run was ruled out for running on the pitch. Billy Bowden is overcompensating for having a mare the other night

_Ed_

Tough wide call there with the batsman playing the ball outside off stump...makes up for the bizarre Bowden call in the last over.

Fiery

Banned
Another woeful call this time from Dar who calls a wide when the batsman walked to point and the ball scraped the leg stump

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
Tough wide call there with the batsman playing the ball outside off stump...makes up for the bizarre Bowden call in the last over.
Feel like you've got a parrot on your shoulder Ed?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Good innings from Hussey, very timely. Should be a tough one to get for the Kiwis but the pitch looks great for batting.

Fiery

Banned
Tuffey must be hanging onto his place in the side by the skin of his teeth now after that performance. The standard 1st over wicket then rested on his laurels for the rest of the innings.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
Tuffey must be hanging onto his place in the side by the skin of his teeth now after that performance. The standard 1st over wicket then rested on his laurels for the rest of the innings.
I doubt Franklin, Bulter or who ever would of bowled better on that pitch, also the other fast bowlers didn't bowl much better.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fiery said:
Another woeful call this time from Dar who calls a wide when the batsman walked to point and the ball scraped the leg stump
I'm in no position to comment on the majority of the game as I was only able to catch the last two overs but the umpiring from the limited cricket I did see was terrible. Bowden cancels out the run for Hussey running down the pitch for a second or two, but the Aussie batsman made an effort to get of the pitch and I certainly don't think it was intentional. Then Alem Dar calls Tuffey for a delivery that must've shaved the leg stump after Hogg has made a huge leap to leave his stumps wide open.

Tough total for the Kiwis here though. As long as we have wickets in hand for the final ten-fifteen overs, I feel we're more than capable of scoring them at 8-9 runs per over. Should be an interesting second part to the match.

Fiery

Banned
Somerset said:
I have to say he's nothing more than an honest domestic seamer who would struggle in the international arena.
He's too old as well. Not exactly a progressive section.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
This is typical. Everyone is jumping all over Wilson after one performance. You can't expect a guy to come in and play his first ODI for 12 years against arguabley the best ODI side ever the game has seen on a deck as flat as a pancake and the boundaries as small as you see on junior cricket and with the Aussies having plenty of wickets in hand so basically having a free licence to hit and expect him to perform miracles. It would be very harsh and hypicritical of the NZ selectors if he got dropped after one game.
It's not just this performance if you take into account the woeful bowling display he dished up in the Twenty20 match. I feel he needs a few matches to settle in though, however if he stills looks at sea then I can't see Goldie keeping out the likes of Andre Adams, Ian Butler, James Franklin or even another batting option.