• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

shaka

International Regular
McCullum had another very good day with the bat. proves that his abilities are underestimated, especially in the ODI game.

shaka

International Regular
McMillan showed he still has the ability to be a force in the ODI game, and silence some of his critics.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Will bond and veto save the day...

Im worried about our bowling thou... cairns is gonna have to improve 100000000x since the other day...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MoxPearl said:
**** forgot this game was on today. just turned on the tv

can someone give me a quick summary of what happened ??? what a **** score ! :(
It was a really bad start, NZ slumped to 36/5 through a mixture of great swing bowling from Pathan and Nehra and stupid shots (Styris). McMillan played a really good innings for his 54, he had a big partnership with Oram who started shakily but grew in confidence as he went before being run out, and McMillan followed not long after. Cairns looked good for a while but didn't last long enough, same for Vettori who was run out with a brilliant throw from the boundary. McCullum showed that he's in magnificent form, deserved a fifty but fell one short and was the last wicket to fall.

Overall 215 was a good recovery from 36/5, but it should have been even better. Now we wait and see how the Indian chase goes.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
do these matches matter towards the comp ??

I mean.. is there a final ??? (which will obviously be nz vs india) or does it come down to points..

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Can someone please explain to me why our batsmen are so stupid? From the first ball of the day it was blatantly clear to me that the bowlers were swinging the ball in and were looking for lbw's. Despite this, our batsmen all continued to plant their front foot down the pitch and then try and adjust to the swing. It is terrible technique at the best of times and IMO shows a poor cricketing brain to not adjust your technique when the ball is swinging.

Styris and Cairns should both be shot after playing those shots. Oram looked good for the most part, though he was premeditating the sweeps a bit much. When he used his feet to Harbhajan he looked a lot better. McCullum was superb, though he should have waited a bit longer before really trying to slog it. I'm surpised at how weel McMillan batted, but in typical fashion he got out right when we had a good partnership going.

Now we really need Bond to knock the top 3 or 4 batsmen off and then get Vettori in to pick up the middle order. There's still hope for us, but it really is dependant on our opening spell.

_Ed_

And it's a maiden, great start.

Hope whoever bowls the second over can back it up.

_Ed_

Astle came back into the team, and I guess since Vincent did so well you can't really drop any of the batsmen...