• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The commentators haven't picked it up yet, but that ball is reversing already.

Southee has which is why he bowled that yorker.

Flem274*

123/5
:lol: oh man, that was great

mahela to let rip in the changing room tonight at the pair, win, lose or draw. wtf was that.

we really needed a jammy run out as well. pitch is still pretty gentle.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Pitch looks flatter than Adelaide, at least to me. Looks rubbish for the spinners. Reckon any wickets NZ take before the next new ball will be bonuses

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
definitely need at least one more wicket before the new ball. Preferably 2.

Jeets is bowling really well. Bowl him and Bracewell for 20 overs straight after lunch, IMO. Hopefully they pick up a wicket and then bring back Southee and Boult.

Then the new ball to finish them off.

Flem274*

123/5
at the risk of sounding like sour grapes and a broken record, this pitch is rank. the game is fortunate one side batting on this was NZ and the new ball/spin bowling has been gun (and the ball has been changed 10 times a day) because I can't escape the feeling this would be a 3 innings 500/5 declared all round type pitch with SL v another side.

I'd almost prefer Napier. Almost.