• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
What makes Prez's ****ness all the more funny is the fact that he's South African. Has he not learnt?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only for the batting. AB the captain is up there with the worst.

Ingram, Miller and de Kock in the same lineup. Cow corner heaven.

South Africa would be better off bringing in Rudolph, Virus etc. and looking for a top order who can bat 50 overs.
Chris Morris should also be in the mix.

Pretty much Amla or nothing at the moment. Smith ideally shouldn't be in there as well but who can replace him, Levi? :laugh:
I don't think Morris is fit to play yet.

But yeah I reckon we'd be seeing Rudolph or Virus in the side if SA had to go to a World Cup or something without Kallis and de Villiers; I don't think they're really too fussed about this series though.

Last edited:

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Faf to captain remainder of odi. Strange as Amla is second in charge.

Edit: “Hashim Amla, who was next in line, asked not to be considered for the captaincy so that he can concentrate on his batting and we felt we should accede to his request,” commented CSA selection convener Andrew Hudson, “and that left Faf du Plessis as the logical choice after the good job he did with the Blue Label Telecoms squad in the KFC T20 International Series against New Zealand.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Faf to captain remainder of odi. Strange as Amla is second in charge.

Edit: “Hashim Amla, who was next in line, asked not to be considered for the captaincy so that he can concentrate on his batting and we felt we should accede to his request,” commented CSA selection convener Andrew Hudson, “and that left Faf du Plessis as the logical choice after the good job he did with the Blue Label Telecoms squad in the KFC T20 International Series against New Zealand.
That makes it sound like he has been installing new phones into KFC outlets

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbf to Prez, I think he was more laughing at the timing of the bets. He clearly thought Jono and Cribb had put money on NZ just before Watling got out, and I think he was more laughing at just the irony of Walting getting out as soon as they put money on NZ - well, when he thought they put money on NZ. Still a bit dickish, but I don't think he was just outright laughing at them potentially losing the bet.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tbf to Prez, I think he was more laughing at the timing of the bets. He clearly thought Jono and Cribb had put money on NZ just before Watling got out, and I think he was more laughing at just the irony of Walting getting out as soon as they put money on NZ - well, when he thought they put money on NZ. Still a bit dickish, but I don't think he was just outright laughing at them potentially losing the bet.
The "Ah, still a fail" post and especially the "I'm laughing at the irony of it" post are still particularly dire though because they were made after I informed him I'd made the bet before Jono had even posted.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
David miller is overrated....a T20 player and nithing more. it really bugs me that the team has to have this so called finisher type player. My Ideal ODI Team

Amla
Smith
De Kock
Kallis
De villiers
Du Plessis
Duminy
Peterson/Parnell/morris
Steyn
Morkel
Tsotsobe

with Kallis in the side we look covered in all departments. but when you have guys like miller and Ingram you are going on hope, and most times it never works out.

Blain

U19 Captain
Elliott is lucky to even be over in SA, let alone still in the starting team.. He's a NZ myth imo, his record is very average at best, and is getting past it age wise. Would rather Nicol at 6 (He was mainly a middle order bat until he gunned it a couple seasons ago with Canterbury).

I would probably go something like this...

Guptill
Watling
McCullum
Williamson
Franklin
Munro/Nicol
Neesham
McCullum
Mills
Boult
McCleneghan

There are too many bits and pieces players really. I guess it's nice to have 7-8 bowling options, but I like having 5 full time bowlers with a 6th part time option.