• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

Meridio

International Regular
I'm not sure about this line from Ajaz to Iyer. Don't think we can get him out this way. I'd rather we give some runs away and look to take a wicket.
DWTA. Try it for a couple of overs. He lasted all of three balls before charging down the pitch at one. Give it another go.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
The thing with commentators is they always want players that aren't playing :-) if we had Wagner, we were in the same situation they'd say why aren't we playing extra batsman and our tail is too long.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The thing with commentators is they always want players that aren't playing :-) if we had Wagner, we were in the same situation they'd say why aren't we playing extra batsman and our tail is too long.
Yup.

Though it was interesting the India commentator suggested Wagner could have been playing perhaps instead of Somerville, and Doull replied by talking about Ravindra vs Mitchell as all-rounders and the possibility of a five bowler attack. Assuming he's reflecting the thinking of the NZ camp, seems not playing both frontline spinners was never a real prospect.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing against the guy but I hope Iyer gets out soon so we dont have to see him getting the cap for the millionth time