• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
England test series in May becoming the equivalent of an ODI tour to Sri Lanka during monsoon season. This is not a reference to the weather, rather a reference to the 'tokenism' or futile obligations.

Not pumped at all, hope we can get out of this pre-ashes ghetto some day.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Southee already is on the honours board.

Pretty calm atm. Last time I was this calm aus thrashed us. Oh well, I've predicted2-0 either way so if the team who dropped a test to the sri lankan bowling attack beat us then fair enough, furball can continue channelling this new poor mans benchmark phase ;)
2/10, very poor even for you.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Love this assumption that because there's Duke balls for this series Southee and Boult are already on the honours board.
Gee that was a bit dickish fella.

Hey, here's me assuming that two world-class swing bowlers will thrive (I said thrive, not carve their name onto the honour board as ambiguous as what I said might've been) with the Duke ball, which we all appreciate swings more than the Kooka, at a ground where the respective slopes will favour the way they swing it.

Thought I was pretty measured in saying England had weapons of their own and it was a series that looked pretty evenly-balanced,

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Really cannot wait for England to smash New Zealand. Cannot wait to taste dem tears.
No danger of tears mate, at least not from the NZ contingent.. most of us have acknowleged Eng at home are a tough proposition. Defeat won't shock us too bad.

On the other hand, the mere suggestion of NZ being in the same ballpark as England..we got some nerve eh?

Flem274*

123/5
Furbs can't enjoy the tears anyway because as he constantly reminded everyone during the world cup, he's Scottish :P Zoraxing hard.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Until Root makes runs against a quality attack, there's no way I'll consider him better than kw. Dont buy that Kane's not done the same. He has runs against sa and Pakistan in UAE (who are a top attack in UAE)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Until Root makes runs against a quality attack, there's no way I'll consider him better than kw. Dont buy that Kane's not done the same. He has runs against sa and Pakistan in UAE (who are a top attack in UAE)
He got runs at home against Australia and New Zealand. His problem has more been with adapting away from home than it has been quality attacks as such.

OverratedSanity

He got runs at home against Australia and New Zealand. His problem has more been with adapting away from home than it has been quality attacks as such.
Yeah fair enough. I did forget his hundred v NZ last tour. Weird that NZ are touring England twice in the space of 2 years.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I want Bahnz to put some money on England so that all is well with the world.

I do think furball has a point. We had a good team last time around. England are the favourites and would set the odds as $1.30 vs $2.50

I read the nz herald article about 5 reasons why the kiwis would win and the points were not linear.
The last weak point was that the fact we are arriving late will work in our favour due to convoluted logic. Apparently some are writing us off because of it and this will stiffen our resolve and we will win the test to prove the naysayers wrong.
Ludicrous article.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Further thoughts

Blackcaps keys to victory

1 tim southee bowls like Tom southee can at his very very best. If anyone at the end of this series says that boult was our best bowler then things would not have gone our way.
2 we pitch the ball up to root even if it means letting him score a 50 in some innings by giving him free cover drives. The alternative is that he goes past 150 on a couple of occasions. We must have plans for root.
3 be more patient than ian bell. Keep putting it in good areas.
4 guptil Latham and Anderson all have to play both tests. If Rutherford appears England win.
5 mark Craig can't get stage fright and do a Bruce Martin in Bangladesh
6 Ross Taylor has to be old Ross

Good luck lads

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

I do think furball has a point. We had a good team last time around. England are the favourites and would set the odds as $1.30 vs $2.50

I read the nz herald article about 5 reasons why the kiwis would win and the points were not linear.
The last weak point was that the fact we are arriving late will work in our favour due to convoluted logic. Apparently some are writing us off because of it and this will stiffen our resolve and we will win the test to prove the naysayers wrong.
Ludicrous article.
Have put down $200 on England

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I do think furball has a point. We had a good team last time around. England are the favourites and would set the odds as $1.30 vs $2.50.
Furball had a point? I just thought he was being a dick. We're not the sort of nation to beat our chests pre-series and I haven't seen anyone do it here.

Dunno about your point #1 Cane, Trent ripped England apart at Eden Park and again at Leeds - they've certainly shown themselves to be susceptible to quality left-arm swing/pace. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with more scalps than Tim. I'm sitting here creaming myself at the prospect of watching him swing it down the hill tonight from the Pav end. And get that nice lil one across the batsmen too like Blocky used to love so much.

Agree on all the others though. Pidg Craig won't tighten up though there's not many things other than a bath and a wash that scare him too much

morgieb

Ludicrous article.
Tightarse.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Furball had a point? I just thought he was being a dick. We're not the sort of nation to beat our chests pre-series and I haven't seen anyone do it here.

Dunno about your point #1 Cane, Trent ripped England apart at Eden Park and again at Leeds - they've certainly shown themselves to be susceptible to quality left-arm swing/pace. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with more scalps than Tim. I'm sitting here creaming myself at the prospect of watching him swing it down the hill tonight from the Pav end. And get that nice lil one across the batsmen too like Blocky used to love so much.

Agree on all the others though. Pidg Craig won't tighten up though there's not many things other than a bath and a wash that scare him too much
By rights I never should have made point number 1. I have made a personal point to not discuss bowling issues any more as I come at it from a different angle than everyone else.
To explain my comment however, I just feel Tim is the better bowler and to win a series your best players need to be your best players.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
By rights I never should have made point number 1. I have made a personal point to not discuss bowling issues any more as I come at it from a different angle than everyone else.
To explain my comment however, I just feel Tim is the better bowler and to win a series your best players need to be your best players.
Tim is the safer, more consistent bowler because he bowls outswingers so can just hit a length outside off all day and be economical. Boult is more likely to rip through a team because his bowling style is far more stump centric, but that also means his off days are going to hurt more because he can't back off to a safe cop-out plan like Tim.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Tim is the safer, more consistent bowler because he bowls outswingers so can just hit a length outside off all day and be economical. Boult is more likely to rip through a team because his bowling style is far more stump centric, but that also means his off days are going to hurt more because he can't back off to a safe cop-out plan like Tim.
Great. I am happy with that explanation. The quality of your answer is the other reason why I am dipping out of all bowling discussions. I feel that you, Heef and Steve as three people in particular have a leg up in your analysis as you are bowlers in real life. I find that my perspective on batting is better than my views on bowling as that is my gig in real life even if it is at club level.

Cheers