• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia ODIs and Australia in New Zealand T20Is

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough, I’d agree with that. I was responding to those on here who were saying don’t sticky the thread, it’s a non series etc.

I’ll even care about the even more weirdly shoe horned T20s that follow this series in NZ
If anything the T20s have more value you would think, leading into the World T20

morgieb

Playing JAMODIs in Sydney at the same time as Round 1 of the NRL is peak CA lunacy, really. They should've at least played them in Tassie or something and given Sydney that mid-week game that actually is in Tassie.

I like JAMODIs more than the average CW member and I happily watch cricket all year round but I probably won't see a single ball of the first two ODIs live.

Criticising the scheduling and making exaggerated jokes about it not being a real series etc does not come from a place of arrogance, as if Australia would definitely win if they cared and went in full strength or anything like that. The scheduling is a joke and deserves to be mocked.
It's even weirder when you consider that the SCG is the only ground where both NRL and AFL is regularly played. I do think the Sydney audience seems more cricket friendly than most but even then you'll struggle to get 10k to the first game and the second game will probably only be 20k.

SillyCowCorner1

It's amazing how fast this thread got stickied.

I had to wait for a full to get the WI-SL thread stickied.

Priorities, I tell yah

Burgey

Yeah, but I mean SL are like an antidote for the love of cricket. This has been a very ordinary summer of cricket, but it will be made to look like 1979/80 (the greatest ever) compared to when SL tour next.

Burgey

Playing JAMODIs in Sydney at the same time as Round 1 of the NRL is peak CA lunacy, really. They should've at least played them in Tassie or something and given Sydney that mid-week game that actually is in Tassie.

I like JAMODIs more than the average CW member and I happily watch cricket all year round but I probably won't see a single ball of the first two ODIs live.

Criticising the scheduling and making exaggerated jokes about it not being a real series etc does not come from a place of arrogance, as if Australia would definitely win if they cared and went in full strength or anything like that. The scheduling is a joke and deserves to be mocked.
yeah I think this is pretty much it to a tee tbh. Dthe reaction towards the series doesn't really have anything to do with who's playing so much as when and where it's being played, from my pov anyway.

Burgey

Look, if you can't afford foxtel, you aren't going to be able to buy a new GM Maestro and are therefore unlikely to want to play cricket anyway.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If anything the T20s have more value you would think, leading into the World T20
Absolutely, it just feels bizarre that you have a Test series in Aus, you return for 3 ODIs two months later, then Australia follow you back for three bang bang bang T20s at the arse end of the season. Why weren't they played in Australia, given that's where the T20 World event is?

TheJediBrah

Absolutely, it just feels bizarre that you have a Test series in Aus, you return for 3 ODIs two months later, then Australia follow you back for three bang bang bang T20s at the arse end of the season. Why weren't they played in Australia, given that's where the T20 World event is?
That would definitely make more sense. My assumption would be that it is something to do with Cricket NZ's obsession with hosting as many T20Is as possible and not really caring much about the other formats

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like ESPN + has the ODI games which is a result. Was under the impression we might only get the 20/20 games as we didn’t get any Aus home games this season but got all of New Zealand’s home fixtures. Though weirdly it is referred to as New Zealand versus Australia for the ODIs in the planner as opposed to the other way around.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That would definitely make more sense. My assumption would be that it is something to do with Cricket NZ's obsession with hosting as many T20Is as possible and not really caring much about the other formats
Yeah, presumably we had rights to it as per the FTP. We do love a hosted T20 international.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
More to do with India's insistence on Australia coming over in January for those ODIs TBH, that pushed this series so far back that it's probably going ahead as an obligation. Can't be bothered to look it up but I imagine NZ have played about as many ODIs/T20s in Australia as Bangladesh or Zimbabwe has, and while they haven't covered themselves in glory in those games it's still a scheduling curiosity.

Oh well, should be worth watching for the retro uniforms. Bring on the Teal and gold helmets.

TheJediBrah

More to do with India's insistence on Australia coming over in January for those ODIs TBH, that pushed this series so far back that it's probably going ahead as an obligation. Can't be bothered to look it up but I imagine NZ have played about as many ODIs/T20s in Australia as Bangladesh or Zimbabwe has, and while they haven't covered themselves in glory in those games it's still a scheduling curiosity.

Oh well, should be worth watching for the retro uniforms. Bring on the Teal and gold helmets.
I'm talking specifically about why the T20s are in NZ and the ODIs are in Aus, rather than the other way around.

nzfan

The covid 19 virus in Aussie going to make a difference to the attendance at all? Several series' are either affected already or going to be affected. Read on cricinfo the South Africa series is going to be played to empty grounds with ticket sales stopped. The England home season also going to be put on hold?

nzfan

Why would they not just play in front of no crowd instead of cancelling completely?
Makes more sense with no crowd and with most of the public staying indoors what better sport to watch than cricket. We have good number of operations in Aussie and panic setting in Aussie has forced the workforce to let employees work from home where possible. The viewership will set records over the next month or so.