• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia ODIs and Australia in New Zealand T20Is

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Why wasn’t this played over the Australian summer along with the BBL
India wanted Australia over for an odi series on very little notice when this was scheduled to happen, Cricket AUS didn't have time to prepare and Indian money is Indian money so they just moved it back.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
They don’t give a **** about it because it’s two months late, football season is starting and let’s be honest although it was a different format, NZ was abject here over summer.
Cricket is cricket. Surely people who waste their ****ing lives on a cricket forum are die-hards who will watch anything at any time? I know I am.

Just wanted to check I got all those details right about how many trophies and accolades Australia has, though.

Flem274*

123/5
Cricket is cricket. Surely people who waste their ****ing lives on a cricket forum are die-hards who will watch anything at any time? I know I am.

Just wanted to check I got all those details right about how many trophies and accolades Australia has, though.
bro, this is the wrong series to get fired up over

the only thing that can salvage face for new zealands humility teaching sport after the mental capitulations of 2015 and 2019/20 is actually winning a test series over there without hadlee, crowe, wright and a bunch of blokes who wouldn't even make this team.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

the only thing that can salvage face for new zealands humility teaching sport after the mental capitulations of 2015 and 2019/20 is actually winning a test series over there without hadlee, crowe, wright and a bunch of blokes who wouldn't even make this team.
I respectfully disagree. The chance to win over there, albeit slim, is something to absolutely get fired up over. And as I said in my previous post, I get fired up for all cricket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

We’ll definitely watch it. I’ll Probably go to both Sydney games. I’m talking about the broader, casual fans. It’s the latest non-WC finish to an Aussie summer since 1979 apparently.

Burgey

I think the test series would have been a lot closer if NZ had toured earlier in the summer tbh. So much rested on KW and he deadset looked mentally exhausted by the time he got here. Boult and Ferguson’s problems didn’t help either. I really thought it was going to be a lot closer. But at least we got Wags. Wafg

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think the test series would have been a lot closer if NZ had toured earlier in the summer tbh. So much rested on KW and he deadset looked mentally exhausted by the time he got here. Boult and Ferguson’s problems didn’t help either. I really thought it was going to be a lot closer. But at least we got Wags. Wafg
Yeah agree with this. Our bowling was sub par but our batting was really what lost us the series by being so undercooked.

We could tour Australia in a different month and play far differently, much like when India toured here.

Flem274*

123/5
nz know they can beat india, even if it's one of their best ever sides. nz know the plan to them in our conditions and it works every time barring the flat pitch cowardice tour (where india still nearly ballsed it up).

nz don't have that belief against australia, which is a contributor to why australia steamroll nz in every game that's remotely meaningful.

you would expect nz 2019 to polish off 2011 nz in 3 days and 2008 nz in 2 days, but this lot managed to do as 'well' as 2008 nz.

australia have the best attack in the world and the smith factor, but they were still very handy on the tours mentioned and the nz side with all the noobs in it did the best.

if nz get kicked early in this series it will be 3-0 aus. nz's best chance is to hit australia hard and find the aussies wanting for bottle in what they have always seen as pure jamodis.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
nz know they can beat india, even if it's one of their best ever sides. nz know the plan to them in our conditions and it works every time barring the flat pitch cowardice tour (where india still nearly ballsed it up).

nz don't have that belief against australia, which is a contributor to why australia steamroll nz in every game that's remotely meaningful.

you would expect nz 2019 to polish off 2011 nz in 3 days and 2008 nz in 2 days, but this lot managed to do as 'well' as 2008 nz.

australia have the best attack in the world and the smith factor, but they were still very handy on the tours mentioned and the nz side with all the noobs in it did the best.

if nz get kicked early in this series it will be 3-0 aus. nz's best chance is to hit australia hard and find the aussies wanting for bottle in what they have always seen as pure jamodis.
Fun fact Smiths stats vs new zealend are actually his second worst home record, only South africa have a better record vs him i Australia.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
We’ll definitely watch it. I’ll Probably go to both Sydney games. I’m talking about the broader, casual fans. It’s the latest non-WC finish to an Aussie summer since 1979 apparently.
Fair enough, I’d agree with that. I was responding to those on here who were saying don’t sticky the thread, it’s a non series etc.

I’ll even care about the even more weirdly shoe horned T20s that follow this series in NZ

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
78/79 was an odd one. After a 6 Test match series Oz played Pakistan in a 2 Test series; the first Test at the MCG (with terrible crowds) was played at this time in March while the 2nd Test was played right at the end of the month.

Burgey

Fair enough, I’d agree with that. I was responding to those on here who were saying don’t sticky the thread, it’s a non series etc.

I’ll even care about the even more weirdly shoe horned T20s that follow this series in NZ
Yeah it’s just a weird time to have them both on. It’s been easily the most disjointed cricket summer I can ever remember tbh. The men’s side hasn’t played at home since approx 6 January. Obviously the BBL then the women’s WC kept some interest up, but this feels, rightly or wrongly, like a weird add on at the wrong end of the season, bumping right up against footy season. A League finals aren’t far away, Super rugby is underway already, NRL starts tonight and AFL in the next week or so. Weird scheduling tstl

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
It feels like it's been a long season. Starting with the tour of SL to the recent India series it's been some serious games. Wouldn't have cared about the ODIs ideally but it's against the Aussies and in Aussie. Definitely going to be following ball by ball. Not so sure about the T20s though. I just can't warm up to T20s towards the end of the season and wouldn't give a toss about the T20 world cup given there are two back to back world cups.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Playing JAMODIs in Sydney at the same time as Round 1 of the NRL is peak CA lunacy, really. They should've at least played them in Tassie or something and given Sydney that mid-week game that actually is in Tassie.

I like JAMODIs more than the average CW member and I happily watch cricket all year round but I probably won't see a single ball of the first two ODIs live.

Criticising the scheduling and making exaggerated jokes about it not being a real series etc does not come from a place of arrogance, as if Australia would definitely win if they cared and went in full strength or anything like that. The scheduling is a joke and deserves to be mocked.