• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia ODIs and Australia in New Zealand T20Is

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, it was obvious from the first innings that once the ball got soft it was really hard to score. Was worth the to ask to take it on early imho
100% agree and I said it before our innings started. Our approach worked in NZ on smaller grounds and pitches with grass on them but we just plodded along without any consideration to how the game should have been taken on. Look at how Latham batted - he went looking for runs and created his own bad balls.

Unfortunately it’s a very similar survival mode mentality that we now hold as a default against Australia. We got smashed by them in the World Cup, then the Test series. We try to stay in the contest rather than take it on. Doesn’t work. Blundell and Wagner showed how to go about it during the Tests, and Latham last night.

I’d rather they played aggressive cricket, smart cricket like Latham did and fail once or twice rather than the incredibly limp effort last night. One guy in particular went a long way to losing us that game last night with a terrible approach

Spark

Global Moderator
NZ team heading home to beat the NZ travel restrictions, so this singular nonentity of a series comes to a close.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The highlights I enjoyed most from last night was Ferguson having to climb into the stands to look for the ball

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ team heading home to beat the NZ travel restrictions, so this singular nonentity of a series comes to a close.
I only saw half the headline, which was "Chappell-Hadlee series and...." and I was expecting to see "and upcoming Bangladesh series cancelled" because we all know that's getting cancelled...

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Very annoying, I'm flying down to Dunedin for the planned T20 down there (really just wanted to visit University Oval and go to a Super Rugby game at Forsyth-Barr, as well).

Oh well, cancelled fixtures end the NZ cricket season for the second year in row ...

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess this means that the international players will be back for the final round of the shield.

jcas0167

International Debutant
So they weren't prepared to self isolate for two weeks to ensure the series was completed? Where is the commitment.