• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2022

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Good one Santner. Massive wicket.

Okay KW, dare you not to spread the field now?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Santner + Southee + Neesham means unlikely NZ take a wicket through these middle overs.
anyway I'm claiming this one

a wicket via basically a wide and Latham effecting a very slow stumping (Lyon just praising it on comms?? Really?)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough decision too. Deserves to be punished for playing that shot given the situation. Three of the five wickets have been terrible shot selection. The two chips to mid off when the world knows this deck holds up were genuinely terrible.

Howsie

International Captain
Santner + Southee + Neesham means unlikely NZ take a wicket through these middle overs. Milne another option that doesn't take wickets.

Agree with commentators that NZ needs someone that takes wickets through the middle - a spinner would be nice but I'm pretty sure it's not Sodhi. Rippon should've been given a few chances in the recent multi-country tour, but instead we took him all round the world to sit on the bench.

That said, keeping the scoring rate down is a valid tactic right now.
Instead of Michael Bracewell playing every game possible I’d be getting Rippon this type of game time to see what he’s about. You could easily play Santner at seven and Rippon at 8.

Stapel

International Regular
Even if these two construct a decent partnership, NZ should feel in control. Not only 5 wickets taken, but also a very nice economy.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ & Aus together would be a very strong side

Warner
Conway
Smith
Williamson
Green
Carey
Maxwell
Starc
Zampa
Boult
Hazlewood
Get Conway to keep and replace Carey with Mitchell. Strengthen the batting and get another bowling option. Also Santner (economy 4.82) ahead of Zampa (5.47).

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Instead of Michael Bracewell playing every game possible I’d be getting Rippon this type of game time to see what he’s about. You could easily play Santner at seven and Rippon at 8.
Agreed. I won't mind quite so much if Rippon gets a load of game time on the A Tour to India though. We'll need his skills when touring the subcontinent and it'll be useful for him to get some quality experience in those conditions.