• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Poor Astle, maybe he'll have to miss out on the riches of the IPL and just be satisfied with 300 test wickets. Nice toppy at the end of the over though.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
That last ball was a beauty. This guy is a real spinner Athlai.:p

Munro can smack it. Bloke is a beast on the hit, with normal shots too so far.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Catch! Canty with an outside chance of keeping Auckland to under 180, which wouldn't be too bad.

Howsie

International Captain
Auckland V Canterbury, I thought they were showing the Wellington - ND game :@

Glad that Astle got a bowl in this game though, I'll definitely have to catch the highlights tommorow morning.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What is Astle like compared to Vettori. Can't say i have seen much of him tbh?
It's hard to really got a judge on someone from 12 balls in a 20/20. But I'd say Astle spins it a lot more than Vettori (which isn't really hard), but is a lot looser in terms of offering up "hit me" balls. His variation ball (not sure on the one look we got whether it was a topspinner or a genuine wrong'un) also looks a lot more dangerous than Vettori's arm ball, though international batsman would probably be a lot more adept at picking it.

Last edited: