• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Otago's bowling was just amazingly bad at the death. Just served KNB with half volley and knee high full tosses on a tiny ground. Great hitting though.

So with the exception of Otago being rubbish, this whole competition is ridiculously even.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Noema-Barnett has booked himself in for a Boxing Day at Eden Park by the looks? Potentially shades of Latham and Greatbatch in it if they do opt for him, stocky in-form left-hander comfortably clearing laughably short boundaries.

'Yay! Another six points!' festive sun-drenched bimbos in the Auckland crowd sure to be loving it, as well as the look of a McC-Ryd-Gup-Tay-NB top 5 in general.

Flem274*

123/5
Otago's bowling was just amazingly bad at the death. Just served KNB with half volley and knee high full tosses on a tiny ground. Great hitting though.

So with the exception of Otago being rubbish, this whole competition is ridiculously even.
Yeah, this 202/0 comp is going to be a cracker. I reckon it will come down to who has their quicks on the park and playing well. ND and Auckland are ahead in that respect because their units are good and homegrown, though ND will probably need their imported batsmen and/or black caps to be a chance.

If someone like Lee, Nannes etc plays in the final though, I'd back that team. Sherlock also doing well but could break down anytime, and Milne is definitely the weaker of the genuine quicks, though if he puts it in the right spot his pace will be too much for many NZ domestic batsmen.

Wish Otago would play Wells, I want to see what he's like rather than listening to the radio commentary.

thierry henry

International Coach
Noema-Barnett has booked himself in for a Boxing Day at Eden Park by the looks? Potentially shades of Latham and Greatbatch in it if they do opt for him, stocky in-form left-hander comfortably clearing laughably short boundaries.

'Yay! Another six points!' festive sun-drenched bimbos in the Auckland crowd sure to be loving it, as well as the look of a McC-Ryd-Gup-Tay-NB top 5 in general.
I hope not. A mate of mine went on facebook yesterday bagging the Black Caps and rattled off an absurd list of replacements. KNB was one of them, and I absolutely bagged him for it.

There's no way KNB deserves to be in the Black Caps, look at his record, before today he hardly even had any business in the CD team.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I hope not. A mate of mine went on facebook yesterday bagging the Black Caps and rattled off an absurd list of replacements. KNB was one of them, and I absolutely bagged him for it.

There's no way KNB deserves to be in the Black Caps, look at his record, before today he hardly even had any business in the CD team.
Oh I could see him getting a run in the T20 side at some stage, even though I don't think he'd do very well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Haha I just got stuck in on that Facebook post. I assume he wasn't just talking about T20 either if he was ripping in to the BlackCaps because they haven't played any for a while. Wouldn't be a disgraceful T20 International pick, even though I wouldn't pick him and I personally think he'd fail, but there's no way he's getting picked for anything else at this point of his career.

Flem274*

123/5
He's hit a decent run with the bat in 20/20 since his fifty in the final last year, and he's always been a decent bowler in the format.

I'm not sure how he would go if he was picked, a lot would hinge on his vulnerability early (though he got cracking from the start today). His bowling I have no idea, could be Chris Harris or Paul Hitchcock for all I know.

He showed in the Champions League that he can do all right against good bowlers and batsmen at a higher level, but I'd only consider him for 20/20s at this stage.

Doubt there's much room for him at all though. Who at 5-7 would you drop?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Who cares if Noema-Barnett plays in the Boxing Day 2020? It's only T20 and international T20 is just so dull, in my arrogant opinion.

Being able to watch televised domestic T20 is brilliant though. HRV Cup FTW.

Flem274*

123/5
Who cares if Noema-Barnett plays in the Boxing Day 2020? It's only T20 and international T20 is just so dull, in my arrogant opinion.

Haha, awta. Domestic 20/20 just has something the international stuff doesn't.

Howsie

International Captain
If you want to talk comparisons there are definitely shades of Jesse Ryder in Kieran Noema-Barnett's batting, especially when playing shots on the on side. Obviously he isn't half the batsmen Ryder is but he's difinitely nice to watch in full flow.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him in the 20/20 team, his batting form firstly in the Champions League and now the HRV cup difinitely warrants it IMO and he's a batsmen (in this form of the game anyway) who is on the improve big time. He didn't look half the batsmen he is now 18-24 months ago - even Jacob Oram mentioned it during one of the games last week that he's added so much more to his game lately. He's a pretty average fielder however and his bowling is rubbish, he should really just give it up IMO and work just soley on his batting.

Flem274*

123/5
If you want to talk comparisons there are definitely shades of Jesse Ryder in Kieran Noema-Barnett's batting, especially when playing shots on the on side. Obviously he isn't half the batsmen Ryder is but he's difinitely nice to watch in full flow.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him in the 20/20 team, his batting form firstly in the Champions League and now the HRV cup difinitely warrants it IMO and he's a batsmen (in this form of the game anyway) who is on the improve big time. He didn't look half the batsmen he is now 18-24 months ago - even Jacob Oram mentioned it during one of the games last week that he's added so much more to his game lately. He's a pretty average fielder however and his bowling is rubbish, he should really just give it up IMO and work just soley on his batting.
Hope he keeps bowling tbh, his dibbly dobblies have been really good lately in limited overs for us.

Howsie

International Captain
Meh, last year he picked 11 wickets @ 24 which isn't too shabby but he was going at over 9 runs an over in the process which is horrible for a bowler who is mainly operating between overs six and sixteen.

He hasn't bowled at all this season (in 20/20 cricket) but perhaps thats more to do with the makeup of the CD team and not a reflection of his bowling at the moment.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

Haha I just got stuck in on that Facebook post.
Err, what? You were commenting on that status update by thierry henry's mate? Because I'm also mates with the guy and I don't see your name on there, let alone why this particular person would be friends with you since he doesn't post on here.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Why have they not been able to find a sponsor for speed radars though? They've got a professionally made theme song and promo done, but the radars were a bit too steep?

So many guys on the domestic scene I'd be keen to see on a radar just for curiosity's sake. Almost as if they've received a direct order from NZC to not show any speeds and prevent it becoming a distraction and ego-trip amongst the players perhaps.

We could always pool our funds next summer, hearing Nisbo say "Sherlock building up good pace on the Cricket Web radar" would be worth paying for at least once.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Err, what? You were commenting on that status update by thierry henry's mate? Because I'm also mates with the guy and I don't see your name on there, let alone why this particular person would be friends with you since he doesn't post on here.
He posted on th's wall. Different post I think.

Blocky

Banned
KNB is an untalented muscle bound slogger who can hit a long ball so long as the ball is in the slot. Otago simply missed their length against him - against a guy like that, you come over the wicket, target his ankle bone and look to hit it on the full/yorker - his lack of footwork means he's likely to stumble around it and either be LBW, bowled or hurt.

He's a hopeless freaking guy who believes he's the next Ross Taylor (and Ross Taylor sucks so bad, he might just be) despite having the talent of an average club cricketer. If it wasn't for his ability to hit the big ball off untimed shots, you'd never hear of him.