• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Polo23

International Debutant
Quite interested in the Auckland side this season. De Boorder, Kitchen, Raval and Myburgh all players i'm keen to keep an eye on.

Still...go ND!!

Flem274*

123/5
I'm wondering who is going to open alongside Raval and take the gloves.

Didn't Guptill miss out on an NZC contract?

Anyway, backing Myburgh for a huge season now he's moved to Auckland Airport Runway to bat.

I suspect the CD First Class side will look something like:

How
Ingram
Patton
Sinclair
Weston
Bracewell
van Wyk
Mason
Milne
McClenaghan
Nethula

Backing us to do quite well tbh. The attack could be a little expensive, but there is plenty of wicket taking ability in there. Hopefuly it won't need to be the Mason/Thompson show to get all our wickets this year, because Thommo is gone and this must be about Mason's last year.

The batting of course, is God-like. Only Auckland have anything able to challenge it.

Flem274*

123/5
Who cares, they're going to lose anyway.

:p

I thought it was pretty set in stone that Bell/Brodie open and Merchant bats three?

Howsie

International Captain
How
Ingram
Patton
Sinclair
Weston
Bracewell
van Wyk
Mason
Milne
McClenaghan
Nethula

Backing us to do quite well tbh. The attack could be a little expensive, but there is plenty of wicket taking ability in there. Hopefuly it won't need to be the Mason/Thompson show to get all our wickets this year, because Thommo is gone and this must be about Mason's last year.
Surely Diamanti will slot in somewhere, I'd look for him to bat at six because there is no way Doug Bracewell is good enough to bat there, not at the moment anyway. I'd go Bracewell at eight, and Nethula at nine with Mason and McClenaghan rounding out the tail.

Flem274*

123/5
Surely Diamanti will slot in somewhere, I'd look for him to bat at six because there is no way Doug Bracewell is good enough to bat there, not at the moment anyway. I'd go Bracewell at eight, and Nethula at nine with Mason and McClenaghan rounding out the tail.
They don't seem to give Diamanti much of a run in FC.

And there's no way he should bat six.

Bracewell hasn't had any real go in the middle order and he's supposed to be a genuine allrounder, so he might as well slot in at six.

Diamanti could bat at eight, but I'd rather give Milne the go in the longer form and keep Diamanti for his strongest formats, OD and 20/20.

Howsie

International Captain
Cricket: Auckland lose Myburgh but extra slot now open - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Auckland have lost their high-profile domestic cricket signing for next season - and New Zealand have potentially lost a future international batsman.

Myburgh's partner has taken a job working with England's Lawn Tennis Association and the 30-year-old batsman, who has been playing in the Netherlands in the off-season, won't be returning to New Zealand.

But instead he is looking at taking up an opportunity with an English county, scuppering any New Zealand ambitions.
Tough luck Auckland. It's disappointing for New Zealand but I'm pretty meh on it, would rather us not have to pick players like your Myburgh's and Van Wyk's that come over here at an advanced age looking to play international cricket.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:(
Would have averaged 35-40 in Tests IMO, which would have been very handy.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket: Auckland lose Myburgh but extra slot now open - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Tough luck Auckland. It's disappointing for New Zealand but I'm pretty meh on it, would rather us not have to pick players like your Myburgh's and Van Wyk's that come over here at an advanced age looking to play international cricket.
Dissapointed to hear this news.

If he was like the 5th player we had in the team of SA origin I might have questioned it - but had no problem with 1 or 2 SA players in our team.

Sucks.

kuranui

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Seth Rance is pretty good in swinging conditions.

And that is about it.

Personally I'm backing Adam Milne.

Seth tears **** up in the wairarapa, easily the best bowler in the club scene here.

Although then again, it is only the wai

Howsie

International Captain
Can you blame him? He hasn't even picked up a contract with Otago (which is a complete joke) can you really expect him to turn down this deal with the type of money he'll be earning. It's a real shame because Fuller was the best of the 08/09 New Zealand under 19 bowlers, a much better prospect then the likes of Tugaga, Mathieson and Verma imo.
Ah well, at least New Zealand still have Neil Wagner 8-)

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Can you blame him? He hasn't even picked up a contract with Otago (which is a complete joke) can you really expect him to turn down this deal with the type of money he'll be earning. It's a real shame because Fuller was the best of the 08/09 New Zealand under 19 bowlers, a much better prospect then the likes of Tugaga, Mathieson and Verma imo.
Ah well, at least New Zealand still have Neil Wagner 8-)
Bit early to be rolling eyes?
It's not like he has said he's aiming to play for England.

Assuming he hangs around home in the English off-season and wants to play for NZ, it will be a great opportunity and he should take it.

Howsie

International Captain
Bit early to be rolling eyes?
It's not like he has said he's aiming to play for England.

Assuming he hangs around home in the English off-season and wants to play for NZ, it will be a great opportunity and he should take it.
Yeah hopefully. If not though :@

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah as I understand it this is no different to say if, Tim Southee, played CC then returned to ND in our season.

Unless England pull a Darren Pattinson he should still be something for us to look at.

Howsie

International Captain
Bracewell nabs Kiwi up-and-comer | Stuff.co.nz

He has a British passport and therefore qualifies for Gloucestershire as a home-grown player but, by securing his future for the next three years, he effectively disqualifies himself from playing for New Zealand

From Otago's point of view it's disappointing. He was a big part of our future. We had spent time on him and we planned to have him play for us this year but, from what I understand, now he will have to play as an overseas player here."
Pretty much what I thought last week, the three year deal basically gave it away. They're not signing him to play as their overseas pro so to speak, it's a development thing.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
I wish these hack journalists would ask the guy himself what his plans are and save us from speculating.
He wouldn't 'effectively disqualify himself from playing for New Zealand', unless he actually intends to not keep that door open and just lives there permanently.
He'll be available for Otago this season when he's fit anyway.

The ODT is a better read:
Cricket: Bracewell nabs up-and-coming Otago speedster | Otago Daily Times

Meanwhile Bond's having a coaching stint with CD:
Cricket: Bond joins CD coaching staff | Otago Daily Times