• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

jcas0167

International Debutant
Wellington U19s look strong this year. Obviously Abbas is a pretty good addition, but runs are coming from a few of them. Oscar Jackson has had a low-key tournament and he would have gone in as one of the key batsmen alongside Abbas.
Yeah, I don't think they've lost a game. They seem to have changed their order a bit for the T20 games - Henry McIntyre scored a fifty yesterday up the order after previously batting about 7. Annoyingly this is paywalled, but Sam Cassidy seems to have done pretty well thus week as has Lyniker-Doull for CD.

Nice to see Otago won a game too.

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, I don't think they've lost a game. They seem to have changed their order a bit for the T20 games - Henry McIntyre scored a fifty yesterday up the order after previously batting about 7. Annoyingly this is paywalled, but Sam Cassidy seems to have done pretty well thus week as has Lyniker-Doull for CD.

Nice to see Otago won a game too.

Here you go:

If you walk past Lindisfarne College's cricket field this summer consider wearing a helmet.

The Hastings school's 1st XI boasts its own master blaster in no.3 batsman Sam Cassidy - who scored 236 not out off 139 balls last Friday including 11 sixes.

While the 50-over match was a pre-season game against Whanganui Collegiate 1st XI, it has officially gone down as a school record.

The previous record (205 runs) at the Hastings school was set by current Hawke's Bay men's player Dominic Thompson.

Cassidy, 17, has now scored four centuries for his high school and will tell you he is in the form of his life after cracking 200 for the first time.

"This is definitely the best form I have ever been in," he said.

"[During the off-season] I have just tried to get the fundamentals downpat."
The Year 12 student said he knew the school record before walking out into the middle on Friday.

"And my coach kept telling me about it," he said. "I got a clap when I reached it."

He said by the time the innings was over, the achievement had only just started to sink in.

"I was quite tired at the time and it did not really hit me until after."
He reached his 100 with few, if any, mistakes but was dropped a handful of times on his way to 236 - while blasting the ball around the park.

"It got quite frustrating after the drops ... I just tried to block it out."

Cassidy, whose favourite player is Kane Williamson, said his focus this season was to help the school win as many trophies as possible.
The Central Districts' age group representative also said he wanted to see how far he could go in the game in the future.

Lindisfarne won the match on Friday by 237 runs. However, the two sides played again the following day and Lindisfarne just scraped a win with Cassidy sitting out for a rest.

Lindisfarne College head of cricket Matt Kidd said the knock was "pretty exceptional".

"He has a tonne of potential and could go a long way in the game," Kidd said.

"He is a big, strong lad and has really good technique and works hard at his game."

Kidd said the match was played at the school grounds on a grass wicket and was part of a pre-season quad tournament with four schools taking part.

He said Cassidy also scored 72 the day before against Scots College.

Hawke's Bay Cricket Association CEO Craig Findlay said it was an impressive score from Cassidy.

"230 is a pretty awesome score in a school game," he said.

"We had heaps of other good performances last week too from our local talent."

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Wow. Delport is actually a really good bowler IMO, so that is impressive. Small ground, though, but , 3 of those were huge.

I know Howsie at al been banging on already about Nicholls in the ODI squad ahead of him in Pak. But, that is just plain selectorial incompetence. Shame on you Larsen and Stead. Boooooooooooo!

Flem274*

123/5
I'm biased but I wouldn't mind Will Young at 4 in odis. I like the advantage of a proper batsman who can explode early like Phillips at 6. I like Mitchell too, but also feel he's a 5-7.

I also like Chapman and ofc Latham keeps so competition is healthy.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Wellington U19s look strong this year. Obviously Abbas is a pretty good addition, but runs are coming from a few of them. Oscar Jackson has had a low-key tournament and he would have gone in as one of the key batsmen alongside Abbas.
Good summary of the tournament. CD's Sam Cassidy top run scorer, Abbas second top with the highest average (85). The top wicket-taker was Wellington skipper and spinner Kevin Weerasundara.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Oh hey.

This M Clarke opening the bowling for Otago U17s today looks super ****ing good.

I thought I'd go on the stream and watch some of the wickets. I've not even seen a wicket yet, just some dot balls, yet motivated to post on it.

Not even a bowling towards the camera illusion, camera at wide long on.

ataraxia

International Coach
Ok chase this from CD. BSmith seems to be trying to get himself out with a wonderful array of super-telegraphed ramps and switch-hits

jcas0167

International Debutant
Oh hey.

This M Clarke opening the bowling for Otago U17s today looks super ****ing good.

I thought I'd go on the stream and watch some of the wickets. I've not even seen a wicket yet, just some dot balls, yet motivated to post on it.

Not even a bowling towards the camera illusion, camera at wide long on.
From Otago's emerging players programme. Looks like he comes from the same school as Toby Hart who bowled pretty well for the under 19 side in one of the games that was streamed.

ataraxia

International Coach
My, Wellington's batting stocks are particularly shoddy rn. Tim Robinson finally dropped after a spectacularly score-devoid season. Guess who he has been replaced with? Jakob Bhula.

1674175624843.png