• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

ataraxia

International Coach
Final in a few minutes. Nuttall dropped at long last, with the return of Shipley. ND playing three spinners for the infinitieth time.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Cole McConchie seems like such a good guy. Feel sorry for him even though I wanted ND to win. Santner is such a dominant all-round figure at this level. Joe Carter is becoming a bit of surprise Super Smash gun. Katene Clarke might be a future Black Cap - stepped up big time in the play off with Otago and again in the final. Nice to see Seifert back in form.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Cole McConchie seems like such a good guy. Feel sorry for him even though I wanted ND to win. Santner is such a dominant all-round figure at this level. Joe Carter is becoming a bit of surprise Super Smash gun. Katene Clarke might be a future Black Cap - stepped up big time in the play off with Otago and again in the final. Nice to see Seifert back in form.
Shipley with 2fer and 35* from 20 aswell. Still think it's a crime that the blackcaps didn't give him a game in the T20 series vs India but played Jim in the odi's.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I see Central Districts v Auckland has been abandoned. Was scheduled for McLean Park.

There are far more important things in life at the moment, for people of many districts, than cricket.

But, at the same time, I'm very cynical about the effort that NZC put in to many parts of their job. Therefore I don't think they should get a free ride 'hiding behind' the cyclone. Obviously Napier is out of the question. But, CD is a big geographical association with 3 other FC venues and about another 3 Hawke Cup quality venues as well. Or, there is the play it at neutral Lincoln option.

If we still had a cricket media, I wonder what the answers would be if asked the question "did you even try?".

I wouldn't care so much if the season was still 10 rounds long, but it isn't. Players' careers & opportunities get stunted when you remove 12.5% of their season because it 'involves some admin' to arrange something else.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno immenso - probably depends how many of the CD squad have been personally impacted by it - something which the location of the match is really not relevant too.

But I am a cynic, so I share your cynicism as well.

The Hutt Rec

They have rescheduled a couple of Ford Trophy games, including the final to their credit ... might be easier with a one day match compared to four days, too.

Immenso

I mean, part of the recovery is picking yourself back up so that the economy etc functions. Tough decisions needed to be made in that area about allocating water and generator resources between the clean-up or restarting processing plants etc.

I don't think NZC had overly tough decisions to make, although the CDCA is actually based in Napier, so I don't want to go too gung-ho. I'll give them a break based on the communications outages. So, CDCA and NZC sorting this would have been hard.

nzfan

And so it starts the experiement of making turning decks and playing 3 spinners in the squads. Appreciate the initative but then Bracewell bowled all of 7 or 8 overs today. So much for trying to promote and encourage spinners. Ajaz Patel and Ish Sodhi already out of the squad. How is this going to help unless you have captains that can bowl spinners at the next level? Also making pitches at international level where there is abolutely no help for spinners. At the drop of the hat we will produce green seamers.