• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bhula managed to score his highest innings in a year and still underwhelmed. I know he came in at a very tough time, but if van Been (who came in around the same time) can manage 100+ SR then Bhula should have done better.

ataraxia

International Coach
haha DPhillips' keeping almost tied the game there; imagine if he missed it just a bit more! Anyway, that was enjoyable despite Scotty.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Kyle Jamieson in the comm box discussing learning when to use his in-swinger and working on his batting with Bob Carter.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Blundell looks a v handy T20 batsman, although he's probably behind Fletcher, Cleaver and maybe Seifert.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Why about the guy Foulkes from Canty? What are the raps on him? Seems a very decent allrounder on the face of it.
Just watching some of the replay. Interesting he was highlighted as a player to watch before the game by the female commentator. He seems to get late swing. Haven't seen his innings although I see he got some runs. With Will O'Rourke, Canterbury have got two really promising opening bowlers.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When I was out for a run earlier, I had a thought along the lines of "why isn't there an annual NZ Maori Cricket vs. NZ Pasifika Cricket match - preferably FC, but we all know it'd be 20:20.

Got back in, had been sent a link to the Wellington A vs. NZ Development scorecard and what do I see linked other than a Maori Schoolboys vs. Pasifika Schoolboys match. Excellent. Should have one of these at senior level: https://scoring.nzc.nz/?fbclid=IwAR...2d5173-4f4b-45e8-bded-a4ee992648c0|_scorecard

Very hard to know without a lot of research who'd be eligible for each team, but can we get an XI together made out of still-active FC/Hawke Cup cricketers? Obviously Sean Solia will be in the Pasifika team. Ma'ara Ave is Cook Island Māori, I believe so he could probably go in either team.

Boult and Dougie could play for the Māori team. Ben Wheeler is eligible too, but he hasn't played in a while (injured or retired?)

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
From what I heard he’d taken up a gas fitting apprenticeship a year or two ago. At the time he was still open to playing for CD, but you’d have to think with him not having played in a while that he would’ve committed to his trade full time.