• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Liked Shipley's five pulled sixes off Ferns' feeble attempt at Wagnerball. Easy as you like.

A shame actual Wagner dismissed Chu when it looked like he was on his way to a second FC century.

Jack1

International Debutant
Liked Shipley's five pulled sixes off Ferns' feeble attempt at Wagnerball. Easy as you like.

A shame actual Wagner dismissed Chu when it looked like he was on his way to a second FC century.
Jack7 hits straw man for six sixes in an over in a single wicket Timeless Test Match. straw man won the toss and elected to field. Jack7 scooped the first ball of the match over his head for six off a 100mph Yorker without wearing a helmet. The next five balls straw man bottled it and got smashed over Cow Corner relentlessly.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
ND have always been the classic team to do this, this match a case-in-point. The top four are batsmen (though what a relief, two of them can bowl just in case), a wicketkeeper at five and an engine room of six bowlers batting 6-11 in which literally all might make a claim to be domestic-level allrounders. And right on plan, the engine room scored nearly all the runs here.

(ok pushing it with F Walker allrounder but he did score 79 today)

Peak NZ domestix.
And then ND's 10th and 11th batsmen being their 6th and 8th bowlers for this innings

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
ND have always been the classic team to do this, this match a case-in-point. The top four are batsmen (though what a relief, two of them can bowl just in case), a wicketkeeper at five and an engine room of six bowlers batting 6-11 in which literally all might make a claim to be domestic-level allrounders. And right on plan, the engine room scored nearly all the runs here.

(ok pushing it with F Walker allrounder but he did score 79 today)

Peak NZ domestix.
I was surprised Walker batted ahead of Clarke, but he made runs so fair enough.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, what's up with Ashok getting one game, picking up a pretty impressive 5fer (with a good ER), outbowling NZ's incumbent test-match spinners and then not playing again? I get that Auckland got smashed in that match, but that was hardly Ashok's fault.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, what's up with Ashok getting one game, picking up a pretty impressive 5fer (with a good ER), outbowling NZ's incumbent test-match spinners and then not playing again? I get that Auckland got smashed in that match, but that was hardly Ashok's fault.
They probably just think Somerville should be there instead of him, though I don't know for sure.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Maybe I shouldn't have given up my cricketing dream. I was watching at Hagley earlier and it's almost the same speed Somerville is bowling at