• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2018/19

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
nathan smith is a #6 now?

silly from ND to wheel out a green top. as unfair as it is for the otago bats, it gives the otago bowlers a massive boost. better to prepare a normal pitch to exacerbate the difference in quality
Yep you see I've always found Bay Oval are so utilitarian on this point, so loathe to burn out one of their 6-8 decks with many months of the season still to go. As if not providing a slow and bald one to the Otomoetai Cadets or the White Ferns or something is worth risking Williamson and Watling giving you the thumbs down.

This is why county grounds have gone beyond a proper 22m x 22m square. If say Warwickshire/Jeets want Keith Barker creating those blackened footholes for him early on day 2, their staff have the direct monetary motivation and the means to provide it.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Ripper from Smith to bowl Watling for a golden - looks like it cut in a long way (with a bit of help from the pitch), when he usually moves them away instead.
Smith's natural movement is in (IMO), although he can swing it both ways.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Heh, the NZ component of the ND batting lineup has a collective one run to its name.
Williamson 1
Watling 0
CDG 0
Sodhi 0
Wagner 0

Incredible if Boult gets a duck too.

Also shows how Williamson is infinitely better than any of the others :happy:.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn is still battling away ...
But falls to a half tracker from Craig 8-)

Smith's natural movement is in (IMO), although he can swing it both ways.
Yeah I've mainly seem him bowling outswing but you may still be right. I know Bond thought of himself as an outswing bowler for a long time too, before realising inswing came more naturally to him.

People I care about

van Beek 16 runs and conting WAG
Come to think of it, a little unlucky not to be on the NZ A tour after last season. I guess we have quite a few promising bowlers atm though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Come to think of it, a little unlucky not to be on the NZ A tour after last season. I guess we have quite a few promising bowlers atm though.
He was selected just for the list A and FC legs of the tour.

Btw, has anyone heard anything about what Ryder is up to, or has he kinda slipped off into early retirement?

EDIT: Oh, just noticed he's been named in the CD XI for round 2. Bit ridiculous that he's not playing really.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ummm...is it just me or does it look like Boult is limping? Looks like something with his hamstring.

EDIT: False alarm, he seemed to be running pretty comfortably on that last 4.

Last edited:

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
El Boulto! Despite the technical flaws, his eye is absolutely incredible. Really showing up the rest of the Blackcap stacked ND side :laugh:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else think that Christian Leopard sounds like a band that exclusively focuses on Christian rock covers of Def Leppard songs?

Pour your salvation on meeeeeee

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I had a hunch Ludick might be the most serious-minded and least assimilating of the South Africans, after watching his scores for CD A last season. Something a bit different, a bit of Richie Cunningham to offset the usual smut and loose morals of the engine rooms. Good addition.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I had a hunch Ludick might be the most serious-minded and least assimilating of the South Africans, after watching his scores for CD A last season. Something a bit different, and bit of Richie Cunningham to offset the usual smut and loose morals of the engine rooms. Good addition.
Where’s Rae Kippax? Did his niggle turn into a problem?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Rae and Barnes were sent over to play some Sydney grade cricket a few weeks ago, Rae got injured over there.