• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2018/19

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is getting a bit ridiculous. These are the exact conditions were Lord Colin has rekd international batting lineups.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
CD batting stacked as usual (though Ben Smith will need to do better). Felix Murray the U19 guy - I don't remember much from him in the last U19 world cup. More of a batsman or bowler?
Good start Ben.

ITSTL that Fletcher was standing up to Williams with the new ball. Must be pretty slow. And paid off with the catch down the legside off Schmulian.

Rough start for Otago after dire latter half of last season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Auckland's bowling attack has regained that dull (though sometimes effective) medium pace look it had a couple of years ago. Where is Ferguson?

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
Auckland's bowling attack has regained that dull (though sometimes effective) medium pace look it had a couple of years ago. Where is Ferguson?
It's hardly the line-up to strike fear into a batsman. Possibly why there a three bowleds, the batsmen are expecting the front line bowlers to be quicker so getting through their strokes too early and playing on.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Poor Otago, on an absolute hiding to nothing, and Wagner celebrating every wicket in that neck vein popping way that only Wags can.

It’s good to be back though!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Thought as soon as I saw Williamson out to Smith that it'd be an outswinger just on or outside offstump - Williamson has his great soft hands but that's not enough to stop the edge going to slips if the movement is more exaggerated (plus new ball). Great scalp for Smith!

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Geez it’s entertaining when the Blackcaps are playing, isn’t it?

I know the NZ A spot is a good thing, but I wish Ravindra could have made an appearance for Wellington today.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ripper from Smith to bowl Watling for a golden - looks like it cut in a long way (with a bit of help from the pitch), when he usually moves them away instead.

Chubb

International Regular
Ripper from Smith to bowl Watling for a golden - looks like it cut in a long way (with a bit of help from the pitch), when he usually moves them away instead.
Obligatory "Nathan Smith and I were in the same North Otago second grade team in 2010-11 and I always knew he'd be good" post. #ValleySecondGrade #PrideofWeston

Athlai

Not Terrible
People I care about

Woodcock 15 - ehhh
Flynn 21* - battling away
Williamson 1 - ****
Chapman - NZA
Solia - 1 wicket, noice
Blundell - NZA
van Beek 16 runs and conting WAG
Patel hasn't played just yet
Milne - not available till next week
McEwan - 3 wickets and counting WAG
Rae - not picked - uh oh - is he injured?

Wilson 12 -ehh

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Heh, the NZ component of the ND batting lineup has a collective one run to its name.