• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...s-next-odi-opener-as-india-trial-matches-loom

Munro and George Worker will open for NZA in the five one-day matches against India A, starting on October 6, to push their claims.

The left-handed Munro, 30, has been effective at No 3 in Twenty20 cricket but in 20 ODI innings has batted no higher than four. He averages 25 at a strike rate of 99 and missed out on the Champions Trophy squad after being dropped for the home series against South Africa.

"We find with Colin that we try to remove having to think too much about the state of the game. When you bat at five and six you've got to adjust and we think Colin is better going out and playing. He can play the swinging ball and is certainly skilful enough to push his case there," Hesson said.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suspect they'd regard Munro and Worker as the best OD batsmen in the squad, so making them both open suggests they're not confident in Latham holding down that position in ODIs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guptill
Munro
Williamson
Taylor
Neesham/Anderson
Latham (+) / Watling (+)
CDG
Santner
Milne
Southee
Boult

?

Maybe throw in Kuggs/Tastle/Worker as being near enough

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Latham (+) / Watling (+)
Nah I think the 'love a bit of biffo' brigade are clearly quite keen to consign that duo to the dustbin of history.

You're in for a period of Peak Meretriciousness, down in that 5-6-7 area. An abundance of Instant Kiwi tickets will be scratched, in the hope of arsing it into riches.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah I think the 'love a bit of biffo' brigade are clearly quite keen to consign that duo to the dustbin of history.

You're in for a period of Peak Meretriciousness, down in that 5-6-7 area. An abundance of Instant Kiwi tickets will be scratched, in the hope of arsing it into riches.
Latham being selected in the core squad of 9 makes it seem like he is probably the keeper.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Latham being selected in the core squad of 9 makes it seem like he is probably the keeper.
I'm pretty confident he'll be opening if he plays, though. I think Munro's being given a go as opener as much because they have little faith in Latham as because they think it'll suit him.

SeamUp

International Coach
Btw SeamUp, Obus Pienaar won't be featuring in Wellington club cricket or Wellington A, I've read.
Felt that was the case when I saw him in the Africa Cup for SWD.

Makes more sense now for Conway.

How long does Bowes and Nofal have left to qualify for NZL ?

Mike5181

International Captain
If you were someone like Ben Smith, you'd have every right to feel aggrieved at the presence of George Worker at the top of the order here. Yeah, he's been better recently in the Plunket Shield, but averaging in the late 20s after 10 years of first-class cricket is pretty ****e.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh god, Bowes is down around 28 in FC as well.
We all know the weakness that wouldn't have been pounced on by India A, don't we Bowes. Well apparently the Shield attacks don't, because you're doing much better lately.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible tour for Henry Nicholls (c).

Much intrigue - can Raval or Munro cross 36 to be the top scorer for the series so far?

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Disappointed at Tom blundell not getting another go. Don't think he kept either in the first game. Hopefully he'll get good number of one dayers to prove his worth. He's such a good player of spin and probably the best with the gloves in comparison to all other keepers in the country.