• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2014/15

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
When I tip against ND I'm going to tip the heavy margin tbh. An experienced top order who should know better, then the "repair job" usually just means a double-down of spite and aggression. :p

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm fuming about this ****ty T20 draw. There isn't a game at the Basin until the 11th December. I've got mates over from the UK at the moment who booked their flights months ago and would have loved to see a game at the Basin. Instead, we see two men and a dog attending a full schedule of T20s at Seddon Park. And that's without even considering the massive advantage Northern Districts gain from the draw. **** you NZC.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sky loves Seddon Park, ND's chief executive claims. Just down the road, easy setup, excellent drainage.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The whole format this year seems pretty poor, imo. People barely care about their own domestic sides, there's no way anyone's going to turn up for matches between neutral teams. Throw in the glut of games in a short period, the disproportionate number of games at one venue and the absence of international players, and you have a format that was pretty much guaranteed to minimise the amount of ****s given.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
You give them mascots, stilt walkers and trumpet players apparently. For about 70 people. :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if Sky understands how bad this all looks. The last few hours has really left me with the impression that I'm watching a sport in its death roes.

jcas0167

International Debutant
The whole format this year seems pretty poor, imo. People barely care about their own domestic sides, there's no way anyone's going to turn up for matches between neutral teams. Throw in the glut of games in a short period, the disproportionate number of games at one venue and the absence of international players, and you have a format that was pretty much guaranteed to minimise the amount of ****s given.
In 1996 they had a Cricket Max tournament in Christchurch which Sky televised (Daniel Vettori's first appearance for ND, just before Bursary exams). Hardly any spectators.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bring Graeme Hughes back for the commentary as well. Him and Danny will know how to inject some enthusiasm into a cluster**** like this.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I haven't seen such a disastrous cricketing spectacle since the 1998 Backyard Test Match at Heef's house where he invited everyone to come over on the wrong weekend.

There was much throwing things that night, I can tell you.