• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Spain (World Cup Final)

Shri

Mr. Glass
You are aware of how gambling works right?

$100 on Spain at say 1.30 will pay out $130 and you lose $70 overall anyway
A draw screws it all up and loses you $200.

Should've just put $70 on a Holland win if you're comfortable with losing $70.
Yeah, I know. We started betting equal amounts on local cricket matches without knowing wtf it meant since childhood, I know I am going to lose money, but we do it anyway as tradition.:p

DingDong

State Captain
My bro has bet $100 on Spain and I have put up $100 on Holland. We have agreed to split the winnings 50-50.:cool:

There have been no ties in WC finals right? Right?:ph34r:
ur being stupid. the oracle has already predicted the winner.

Craig

World Traveller
Apparently the octopus is Italian.

I want Holland to win so Sneijder can cap off an amazing 12 months and win four trophies (Serie A, Coppa Italia, Champions League, and the World Cup should the Dutch get up).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
English born, with German citizenship, I think. They should hire him to do the weekly predictions for the English Premier League, offers more insight than the likes of Mark Lawrenson.

Craig

World Traveller
English born, with German citizenship, I think. They should hire him to do the weekly predictions for the English Premier League, offers more insight than the likes of Mark Lawrenson.
According to this article, Paul was caught off the coast of Elba. Then again it is Bild, which makes the Daily Mail, the Sun etc. look good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Come on Spain.

Do it for scaly.
I'll be rooting for the Dutchists, but the thought of scaly's frantically dissembling posts ("Holland were far the better team but literally gave the Spanish the win...") in the event of a win for the Spanish is enticing.

Conversely the gloating should the Dutch win ("Spain have always been shyte, only got to the final by playing the worst teams ever & have now been found out...") would take the shine off it a bit.

vcs

If anything, I'd say the Dutch have had the slightly easier route to the final, not that any of it matters now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If anything, I'd say the Dutch have had the slightly easier route to the final, not that any of it matters now.
Difference is Netherlands beat these sides apart from against Brazil (who still were the best team in the competition, but lost it when it mattered and didn't get Spain's inconceivable amount of jam) with a measure of control and superiority. Spain have shown nothing to suggest that if a team like Portugal or Paraguay had managed to put away one of their gilt edged chances they'd have enough to come back. See Switzerland.

Spark

Global Moderator
TBF I think the 2nd half Brazil was most definitely not worthy of 'one of the best teams'. Probably the worst, in fact.

vcs

The margins between the top sides are so fine that the only way you can define a "best side" is the one that takes the Cup (as long as it isn't someone like Greece in Euro 2004).

Uppercut

::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Scaly what a joke.

Come on Spain!!!
He's right tbf. No one else in the tournament is really as good as Brazil. One bad half doesn't change that. Knockout football hey. The best team hardly ever wins, but the team that does win pretty much always deserves it 100%.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
10,000 posts in this subforum and not a single one about the 3rd place match yesterday.
Was the best game I've watched as well, really exciting.

Agree with Scaly WRT to Brazil being the best team so far, not sure exactly what's so funny about it...

Come on Holland!!