• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NatWest Series: ENG v SA v ZIM

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah Boje was nasty. The whole 'foot facing in the wrong direction' thingy just doesn't do it for me! :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh well... this should give SA and Graham Smith the kick up the backside they need :!(

I can just see it coming...Polly! All is forgiven!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Having had more decades experience in watching England than anyone else here, I don't count chickens any more.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil - congratulations.

I think that report is amongst your finest articles to date.

Love the Clarke references. Who knows - we may come to revere him like we do AA one day (provided the rest of the side continue to perform to the level where we can afford the luxury of a token passenger). DD loves him too.

I didn't see all of the carnage live, but of course with the game only running half of its scheduled course, Sky had ample time to pretty well show the whole thing again - and I missed none of that.

It was wonderful to watch, and I have been most impressed with Vaughan's captaincy. Comparing him to Smith, the descriptions 'fresh air' and 'hot air' (or 'empty windbag') spring to mind.

An ODI series victory is not a test series, though, although I am greatly cheered by the fact that Andre Nel will not be taking part. For the large part, this is a toothless South African attack. Ntini continues to take huge leaps forward (my 'one to watch' for 2004) but Pollock, I am afraid to say, appears to be a pale shadow of his former self.

Perhaps it is all part of Smith's master plan to lull us into a false sense of security?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Never will Clarke be as big a hero as AA.

Mind you, he didn't do anything wrong yesterday (did he actually touch the ball all game?)

anzac

International Debutant
Huge congrads to Vaughan & England - unfortunately I missed all but the coup de gras with the bat.

must have been an awesome display with the ball and in the field, accompanied by a somewhat inept display from SA.

Interesting to hear Beefy talking about an SA bowling attack that lacks pace & is too much the same!!!!

I endorse previous comments regarding this new English ODI team not being overburdoned by past failures - hopefully they can bring this across into the Test arena.

:)

V Reddy

International Debutant
Shaun Pollock has launched his new website www.shaunpollock.co.za ( atleast Jonty said that in his newsletter :P ). Thru that u can contact Polly too. As there are many fans of Pollock i thought i should let you know.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Was always visiting this forum but was bored of mainly Aus topics in this forum
Not much has changed due to the influx of Aussie members...

But I'm sure we can find some arguements about India to keep you happy :saint:

V Reddy

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Thanks for the website info, Vish.

I just might send him DD's take(s) on Graeme Smith:D
Subscribe to his newsletter, LE. His Column appears on it every month. Subscribe to Jonty's too. Every Month he writes about how he is playing, county cricket, SAF team,etc,. His is www.jonty.co.za. My friend won a cap couple of months back in those competitions of Jonty but i think now they have been stopped. Adam Gilchrist used to have one too but it remained online for only a month or two:D . Darren Gough has one hosted by CricInfo but he rarely writes on that page. Do you know any more official player websites which are updated regularly, LE?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vishnureddy said:
Subscribe to his newsletter, LE. His Column appears on it every month. Subscribe to Jonty's too. Every Month he writes about how he is playing, county cricket, SAF team,etc,. His is www.jonty.co.za. My friend won a cap couple of months back in those competitions of Jonty but i think now they have been stopped. Adam Gilchrist used to have one too but it remained online for only a month or two:D . Darren Gough has one hosted by CricInfo but he rarely writes on that page. Do you know any more official player websites which are updated regularly, LE?
Thanks again - I will subscribe today.

As far as 'other players', nope. I doubt whether many of them can write :D - certainly if the abject stupidity which has been so regularly demonstrated of late by certain people is anything to go by.

It's tough when one of your heroes comes out and says something which is beneath contempt.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jacques Rudolph said:
D.Cork to blame then??? Unfortunatly i know how you feel...
Totally - Hodge caught the ball and was mucking about (which was a pretty stupid thing to do, but you have to make allowances regarding his roots:D )

Corky made a big issue over it - if he had left it at that it would have all blown over - but oh no. He had to whine to a newspaper about it.