• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 5 - England v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
The best match of the World Cup. Netherlands - great performance guys, better luck next time. England - congrats on the win. :)

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Bangas will have a tough time against dutch imo, especially if Shakib fails to deliver the goods.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
massivly relieved by the way we played, recent times i've lost a bit of faith in Dutch cricket (mainly due to fact i'm less biased these days haha) but if we lose every game in this tournament(apart from Ireland) like we played today we showed that the ICC gave up to early on us ''minnows'' and that the gap isn't as big as they want us to believe.

Edit: and ****ing ICC, really think we should be able to get Nannes back, that wouldve been something :D

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How about "Pom not seen for past four hours makes an appearance?"
Now come on, you can do better than that!

Didn't see a ball today due to work but by all accounts it was a comfortable, perfectly timed chase. Bring on the Indians. Looking forwards to it.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Pity that such a wonderful innings by RTD went in vain. Hopefully this Netherlands team would cause some upsets in this WC. England batted pretty well to chase down this score. Wishing them repeat crap performance in the field on sunday too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If I can be serious for just a minute, we are lucky that all of our sloppy work today ultimately went unpunished. Hopefully that was our off-day in the field and we're sharp and up for it on Sunday. We'll need to be.

Jacknife

International Captain
If I can be serious for just a minute, we are lucky that all of our sloppy work today ultimately went unpunished. Hopefully that was our off-day in the field and we're sharp and up for it on Sunday. We'll need to be.
It is rare that England bowl and especially field poorly, so hopefully that can be put right, I was quite impressed by their chase , but they can't afford to be this bad again in the field or we will get punished.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Surely he's a better value for money player than a McLaren or a Miller also his record for Essex across all formats is excellent. Talking of his county record, any chance he might qualify to play for England..?
FC - 3665 @ 38.98 & 134 @ 35.08
OD - 1772 @ 37.70 & 56 @ 34.07 (6.15 per over)
T20 - 916 @ 27.75 & 23 @ 22.86 (7.30 per over)

If that's what you call excellent then you have a very generous description of excellent.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I don't know why people hype Anderson up so much. He's had a rubbish ODI series against Australia and now he was rubbish against the dutch.

If Nannes had been playing, I don't think England would have won this match. Also against better bowling units like South Africa, England would not have been able to chase 290-300.

Did anyone else hear bumble mention on air that he wished Tendescota's injury to get worse during England's chase :-O

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrific effort by England to come through that, they were pushed hard by a disciplined Dutch side and the brilliant RtD. Their best WC win since '92 IMO.

Trott's approach to batting is similar to Kallis, can see him having a very successful career (and putting lots of viewers to sleep along the way).

Jacknife

International Captain
I don't know why people hype Anderson up so much. He's had a rubbish ODI series against Australia and now he was rubbish against the dutch.

If Nannes had been playing, I don't think England would have won this match. Also against better bowling units like South Africa, England would not have been able to chase 290-300.

Did anyone else hear bumble mention on air that he wished Tendescota's injury to get worse during England's chase :-O
Anderson had one bad game in Aus and he was poor today, but he he's bowled well in ODi's for a couple of years, he is prone to a bad day, but most bowlers are.As far as your other comment we beat SA in their own back yard last time we played them.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes found : ZaltzCricket

STAT ALERT UPDATE: Anderson's were the worst figures by anyone in an ODI v Netherlands in the entire history of the known universe.

albeit the entire history of odi's v Netherlands (THANKS ICC) is very slim, still an awesome archeivement by Anderson

Jacknife

International Captain
Yes found : ZaltzCricket

STAT ALERT UPDATE: Anderson's were the worst figures by anyone in an ODI v Netherlands in the entire history of the known universe.

albeit the entire history of odi's v Netherlands (THANKS ICC) is very slim, still an awesome archeivement by Anderson
Not as good as his 10-91-1 against Aus.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now come on, you can do better than that!

Didn't see a ball today due to work but by all accounts it was a comfortable, perfectly timed chase. Bring on the Indians. Looking forwards to it.
Can't do better than that without an infraction!

Thanks for the SMS telling me they won at 4 a.m. You will keep.

Jacknife

International Captain
This game, sort of reminded me of , the Ireland game from the 20Twenty WC last year, where we did our best to make them look good, so the omens are good.:ph34r: