• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 34 - Ireland v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
Good on South Africa for making the quarter-final. A real shame Ireland have been knocked out, but they have nothing to be ashamed of. They have been the best associate team by far, and most of their matches have been competitive. I sincerely hope they get to play in the next edition.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh such a shame. I feared the worst when I woke up to see this thread had only added 1 page overnight. Still think those drops were costly even though Ireland didn't get all that close in the end. If they shave 60 runs off that total who knows if the chase ends up different. They look to me to a be a world class batsman or 2 away from being extremely troubling consistently for a top class side. It's been said before but it really is a shame that Morgan doesn't play for them anymore.

Devo that I won't get to watch them in 4 years actually. It'll be a travesty when if the BCCI ICC fail to get them on the path to full member status.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Ahh such a shame. I feared the worst when I woke up to see this thread had only added 1 page overnight. Still think those drops were costly even though Ireland didn't get all that close in the end. If they shave 60 runs off that total who knows if the chase ends up different. They look to me to a be a world class batsman or 2 away from being extremely troubling consistently for a top class side. It's been said before but it really is a shame that Morgan doesn't play for them anymore.

Devo that I won't get to watch them in 4 years actually. It'll be a travesty when if the BCCI ICC fail to get them on the path to full member status.
yep, morgan would have really aded some depth into their batting and make it at par with the leading countries out there

but the thing is that their bowlers need to back it up with their performance.. they seem to be getting starts but need to stay put on that and some wickets a crucial times would do no harm at all

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
yep, morgan would have really aded some depth into their batting and make it at par with the leading countries out there

but the thing is that their bowlers need to back it up with their performance.. they seem to be getting starts but need to stay put on that and some wickets a crucial times would do no harm at all
They weren't all that far off with the bowling yesterday though. They had one of the strongest batting lineups in the world in trouble even after dropping catches and having a few things not go their way. Only a class innings from Duminy and a few cameos got SA to a defendable score.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great innings. But a fairly daft shot.
Thought it was a good selfless act. He could have just got the single, got the 100 but was looking for a DLF maximum instead, which the team needed. Well played JP.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An in-form Duminy adds so much to SA's batting lineup. Very useful part-timer also.