• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 3 - Sri Lanka v Canada

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is obv gonna put the mockers on him, but good death bowling from Baidwan.

Ha, just the opposite. Gets Mathews with the slower ball.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is ****. Have Murali and Mendis in my fantasy team. See off the new ball Canada FFS

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Put Hansra out of his misery. 1 from 18 balls, and it's been painful.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One of the M&Ms... get a friggin wicket.

I understand they're rushing to get to 20 overs so they get the result, but still.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is bizarre from the Sri Lankans. It's the 20th over of an innings where they are stomping them, and the part-timers have bowled more than the openers.

Andre

International Regular
Aside from the WC, does Davison still play any cricket?

Anyway, big call to ask a 40 year old off-spinner to score runs
Na mate. Was playing grade with us in Sydney up until he took the job as spin bowling coach at the national academy at the end of 2009/10, don't think he's played a lot of cricket since he took on the full time role up in Brisbane.

Interesting one though isn't it, the Aussie spin bowling coach playing for Canada in the WC.

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This is bizarre from the Sri Lankans. It's the 20th over of an innings where they are stomping them, and the part-timers have bowled more than the openers.
Probably trying to rush through to the minimum overs required for a result should it rain too hard for a restart.

Andre

International Regular
Anyone know much about Samaraweera bowling? Hadn't bowled for years before today but first rose to prominence as a bowler - has he been injured or did he just pretty much give it away?

Blaze 18

Banned
Both of today's matches have been ridiculously one-sided. It only vindicates ICC's decision to reduce the number of minnows from 2015.

Blaze 18

Banned
Two games today are enough proof. Minnows dont belong. Lasith Malinga did not even play the game today.
Yeah I agree. The sad part is, the first "real" match of this World Cup is only on Thursday, between South Africa and West Indies.

I think they should abolish the Champions Trophy and have only the top ten teams playing the World Cup. I understand there is a need for the associate countries to develop, but they could always play bi-lateral ODI series with the other nations.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't see the need for all the criticism.. just don't watch the one-sided matches involving minnows if it's that boring. Having a tournament involving them once every four years is hardly overkill. I'm not going to bore people and bring up all the upsets and giant-killing runs from the past WCs because everyone knows about them.