• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 22 - India v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

EDIT: I actually want India to bowl first in order to get a bit of chasing practice in.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll be an interesting challenge for our attack, bowling to an ATG ODI batting lineup on the pitches they most excel on. I'd rather we bowled first, I think knowing how many you need is a big advantage on these pitches and the initial residual enthusiasm and self-belief from the England game will be more of an asset in the field than with the bat.

Not especially looking forward to seeing us try to play Harbhajan.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It'll be an interesting challenge for our attack, bowling to an ATG ODI batting lineup on the pitches they most excel on. I'd rather we bowled first, I think knowing how many you need is a big advantage on these pitches and the initial residual enthusiasm and self-belief from the England game will be more of an asset in the field than with the bat.

Not especially looking forward to seeing us try to play Harbhajan.
Well, on this wicket, I would bowl first too tbh, regardless of which team I'm on.

We'll see, I don't think Ireland will lose it 'convincingly' for what it's worth. If the group goes down to the wire, it may come down to net run rate (anyone know the order of the tie breakers?), so maybe Ireland may want to think about that too.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Well Ireland has nothing to lose, the pressure is on India,

'' Not especially looking forward to seeing us try to play Harbhajan '' well how about them facing the short ball from Big Boyd and TJ, :laugh:

I'm not saying we will win but hopefully it's a good game or one sided in Ireland's favour :D...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have a feeling this is going to be one-sided because :

1) Dhoni would have given his bowlers and fielders a talking to after the England match. They have had plenty of time to regroup, and I am confident they'll do well tomorrow.
2) Kevin O'Brien will find it hard to replicate his heroics from the last match.
Ireland's performance was once in a lifetime stuff. India to win handily.

With one proviso. That India takes the game seriously and doesn't take it for granted.