• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Ireland in England 2020**

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have more sympathy for this view than most, but I don't think we learn a lot about Rashid from him taking wickets at home against an experimental Irish team.

Still, 150 ODI wickets up, I would argue England's best ever spinner in the format, and he's pretty much won this game.
Yeah, wouldn't demur. A leggie with a decent wrong 'un is invaluable in the shorter stuff and don't think we've ever really had one in the one day era until Adil.

Although could do without him bowling no-balls.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have more sympathy for this view than most, but I don't think we learn a lot about Rashid from him taking wickets at home against an experimental Irish team.

Still, 150 ODI wickets up, I would argue England's best ever spinner in the format, and he's pretty much won this game.
Still Swann for me. But Adil is great in this format. Generally have to turn down Key and Knight when he bowls though, the gushing seems almost literal. At least he's bowling well here, it's always faintly embarassing when they still do it even when he's tonked.

Shoulder is ****ed too isn't it, not sure he really wants to be bowling 20 overs a day.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't seen a look as ridiculous in the cricket scene since Malinga. Well done Topley.

Daemon

First ball back gone for four lol.

But yeah, really worth keeping an eye on. Had a fantastic T20 season last year especially.
Bowling to tailenders now but he's looked really good. Can see why he'd be very successful in T20s.

Howe_zat

Audio File
A few years ago I read a stat that bairstow was the only ODI opener to average 50+ while striking at 100+ in the position, and thought that's fun but he hasn't played many games yet. He's still there in his 50th innings as an opener, so, um, yeah well done.

trundler

Bairstow unlike Rohit is a very quick starter. England are lucky to have 2 openers that can go hard from ball one. Bairstow of course is very consistent also and gets tons frequently. Doesn't give you that small window early on where you can tie him up.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hugely complacent this, not respecting the oppo, trying to win it in 20 overs, hope we lose.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, Bairstow's innings should have basically given us the luxury of being able to calmly notch up the rest of the runs without having to take an real risks, but we've just been fairly brainless tbh

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Switch over to watch the footy and the world goes mad!

Eoin's and Moeen's shot selection perhaps not what the doctor ordered in the circumstances.