• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hate Greg Chappell's commentary. So many uses of negatives and his general style annoys the hell out of me. 'If they don't do x, y won't happen.' The sound of his voice is not particularly pleasing to the ear either but that is not that major a factor.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hate Greg Chappell's commentary. So many uses of negatives and his general style annoys the hell out of me. 'If they don't do x, y won't happen.' The sound of his voice is not particularly pleasing to the ear either but that is not that major a factor.
Blah, glad someone said it.

pasag

RTDAS
I kinda like Greg, rather listen to him than his brother.

Anyways, Sreesanth's first spell last night (didn't see the second) was incredible after the first delivery. The ball that got White was a beauty.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Carn Marsh, 3rd game in a row top score for his taem :)

shame about White, unlucky to get a pearler from SS, just wow

two games in a row SS has let the ball do the talking and look at the results... he really is a talented bowler...his seam position is excellent and shows he can bowl that incutter too

CDAK

U19 Debutant
His comments may not be as funny as Robin Jackman, but has got a lot of logic in his comments like RaviShastri and Ramiz.
I hate comments of Shivaramakrishnan
Greg, Robin, Ravi, Ramiz are now the best in IPL

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Well done Sree Marsh and Sarwan.Mahela's experience as a captain really helped Punjab in the last 5 games.

Greg was heard saying" ..that's nicely played to the long on by Yuvraj..
....sorry..that's Marsh, these two guys have a lot of similarities while playing those kind of shots"
( words are not exact)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
His comments may not be as funny as Robin Jackman, but has got a lot of logic in his comments like RaviShastri and Ramiz.
I hate comments of Shivaramakrishnan
Greg, Robin, Ravi, Ramiz are now the best in IPL
Funny or not is irrelevent as I like various kinds of commentators. He takes logic to the extreme in my opinion and I do not like his style.

Among the best would be Tony Cozier, Harsha Bhogle and Pommie Mbangwa where I am concerned. I might be forgetting some others.

Siva is average, yes. I am not a fan of Robin Jackman either.

Ravi Shastri is pretty good while Ramiz Raja is not bad at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mahela's experience as a captain really helped Punjab in the last 5 games.
It is excellent how guys like Mahela and Sangakarra are so involved during the Punjab games. The whole team has a spirit about it and plays as one which makes it a strong unit.

Isura

U19 Captain
It is excellent how guys like Mahela and Sangakarra are so involved during the Punjab games. The whole team has a spirit about it and plays as one which makes it a strong unit.
Good thing too since Yuvraj looks like he's in a daze most of the time

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Daredevils are certain to make Play offs.

Chennai struggling with Over-reliance on Dhoni to rely in every game.

They probably didn't know that Hayden and Hussey will be away for the most Crucial period of the games when they bought them at the Auctions.

A little more sensible buying such as one or two South African and other Indian top ODI Batsmen may have helped.

Chennai look like they are going to struggle from hereon to win with 2 losses in a row and Fleming really struggling .

Kolkatta (with Shoaib's inclusion) , Mumbai or Bangalore (with difficulty) could make it to the 4th spot.

As i said previously 8 or 9 wins would assure getting into the play offs.

Twenty 20 is a batsmen's game, and I expect bids for top batsmen to increase when the next Auction /transfer happens, while bowlers bar the top few will drop in value. Even guys like Murali will not attract huge figures like the last time as spending on bowlers is a waste.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Twenty 20 is a batsmen's game, and I expect bids for top batsmen to increase when the next Auction /transfer happens, while bowlers bar the top few will drop in value. Even guys like Murali will not attract huge figures like the last time as spending on bowlers is a waste.
Wrong. Delhi Daredevils or Royals will ensure that quality bowlers will get a bump up while batsmen will get bumped down. The two best bowling sides are two out of the top three - coincidence?

pasag

RTDAS
Anyone have any footage of Warne v Dhoni? Have heard so much about it but nothing on YT that I can find.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cheerleaders at the pitch report! Now I've seen it all :laugh::laugh::laugh:
It's happened before with the Bangalore girls. Them and the Chargers have the best of the lot from what I've seen.

And a big Yay! to all the conservative politicians in India jumping on the cheerleader hate bandwagon. Much love to you outdated nonces, you make me laugh so much :laugh:

EDIT: Oh and tonight's should be awesome, "Southern Derby" should have the crowd hot for it and both teams really need a win for their own reasons tonight.

Last edited: