• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the look of both DC and RR. On paper, CSK is actually the worst side out there. But this is how it seemed in 2018 too.
KKR batting looks so good to me. Mccullum as coach and a top 7 of Gill, Narine/Banton, Russell, Morgan, Karthik, Rana, Cummins. All depends on how Kuldeep plus the young duo of Mavi and Nagarkoti fare and they can go a long way.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought he was injured again? Good to hear he's fit ahead of the home summer.
From memory he had a couple of niggling injuries towards the back end of the domestic summer, but nothing especially serious fortunately.

Might be wrong, not sure

Last edited:

bhaijibettingtips

Cricket Spectator
IPL 2020 Schedule: The Latest News about IPL 2020 Schedule is that BCCI is set to start the IPL 2020 on September 19. The tournament will take place in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), due to the increasing cases of COVID-19 in India. As per the IPL New Schedule 2020, the final match will occur on November 8 if everything goes as planned. IPL 2020 1st match will be played between the Mumbai Indians (MI) Vs Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on 19 September 2020. Click here IPL 2020 Schedule, IPL 2020 Time Table, Teams, Venue, Match List, Player List

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched a few previous. Basically consensus seems to be larger grounds, slow turning pitches.

Could be a low scoring edition this time!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Watched a few previous. Basically consensus seems to be larger grounds, slow turning pitches.

Could be a low scoring edition this time!
Decent variety of scores in IPL 2014 when it was in UAE, hope that continues preferred previous editions when each ground seemed to be more distinct, Mumbai might be decent for pacers early on but high-scoring, Bangalore (my team) an absolute road often, Kolkata and Hyderabad pretty slow and turning, Delhi and Chennai not too dissimilar but more middling scores rather than 120/130. Think the CPL shows how low scoring T20s can detract from the spectacle a bit if every game is low scoring but if its only say 1 of the 3 venues this IPL that would be pretty decent.

JOJOXI

Rough luck, bro. :)
Don't worry, this year is (finally) our year". Actually feeling somewhat optimistic although perhaps lacking a top quality Indian middle order batsman, wonder if Parthiv will be made to do a job in the middle order?

EDIT - This on the presumption Paddikal opens with Finch and Kohli and AB are at 3 and 4, could you have Parthiv/Singh Mann at 5, Dube at 6, Morris at 7 and then a bowling attack of Steyn, Chahal, Saini and one other spinner possibly Washington Sundar. Parthiv playing would also allow AB to field in key areas like long-on as hard to see how Phillipe slots into the XI

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Decent variety of scores in IPL 2014 when it was in UAE, hope that continues preferred previous editions when each ground seemed to be more distinct, Mumbai might be decent for pacers early on but high-scoring, Bangalore (my team) an absolute road often, Kolkata and Hyderabad pretty slow and turning, Delhi and Chennai not too dissimilar but more middling scores rather than 120/130. Think the CPL shows how low scoring T20s can detract from the spectacle a bit if every game is low scoring but if its only say 1 of the 3 venues this IPL that would be pretty decent.
just fyi the games are on neutral ground: sharjah dubai and abu dhabi

(that's why i left the spammer post up cos it is kinda useful)

JOJOXI

just fyi the games are on neutral ground: sharjah dubai and abu dhabi

(that's why i left the spammer post up cos it is kinda useful)
Yep didn't make it clear but at the end that's what I meant 1 of the 3 neutral venues being low scoring to at least somewhat replicate what there was in the IPL a few years ago whereas now feels like most matches you need 150 minimum to be competitive wherever you are playing. Ideally something like Sharjah (low scoring - 110-130ish scores), Dubai (170ish scores par, declining slightly as pitches are used) and Abu Dhabi 200 par or so.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess I'll be watching this for once as no other cricket will be on, who should I support, does Powar still play, I liked him.

JOJOXI

Sundar has to be play surely. Adds a lot of value as an all rounder.
Have heard decent things about Shabdaz Ahmed as a hard-hitting batsman and slow left arm spinner, although know nothing about him myself really and Negi not wholly dissimilar to Sundar whose best moments seem to have come in that first year with Pune franchise although only played the 10 games in 2 years for us in fairness to Sundar

JOJOXI

I guess I'll be watching this for once as no other cricket will be on, who should I support, does Powar still play, I liked him.
He doesn't, if you want disappointment RCB is your choice. RR seems to be quite a popular team amongst casual fans - perhaps helped by having quite a few English players compared to other teams

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KKR batting looks so good to me. Mccullum as coach and a top 7 of Gill, Narine/Banton, Russell, Morgan, Karthik, Rana, Cummins. All depends on how Kuldeep plus the young duo of Mavi and Nagarkoti fare and they can go a long way.
The bowling looks quite crap doesn't it.

If Narine pushes the degrees a bit and Kuldeep is back to his best, they might go alright, but otherwise Mavi/Nagarkoti are easy pickings at this level from what I've seen.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw Mavi getting belted by Gill in a recent training video, he looked very ordinary with his lengths

Nagarkoti yeah, not seen much tbf