• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2019

Dissector

International Debutant
Fun game, though admittedly only because of some dodgy cricket especially that dropped Watson catch off Bumrah which would probably have finished the game right there.

I though the Dhoni runout should have gone the other way; there was clearly some serious doubt and the batsman has to get the benefit.

I was happy to see Malinga winning the day after a dreadful over that brought CSK back into it. I wonder if this will be the final hurrah of his cricketing career.

But the champion at the end of the day was Bumrah; who has to rank among the all-time great death bowlers. Really appreciated his smile after the dropped catch too. Hope he can bring it at the World Cup.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been far more entertaining than the BBL it must be said
In general I prefer the BBL, but have to admit that this has been true this year. Bloody good IPL, while the BBL went through a real lull in the middle.

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah that runout looked different from different angles.
maxresdefault.jpg
I think this shot is better. Yes, it's two cameras in split screen but presumably they have precise time-stamps for each frame.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
Now this is all over, can someone explain to me why Rajasthan keep throwing so much money at Jaydev Unadkat?
This has baffled me for a while; but I think I have finally arrived at the answer.

These Royals guys want to see a few CricketWeb posters (or maybe just one CricketWeb poster), running around, frothing at the mouth, raving about how much less money this Indian Unadkat would have made if only he was South African. These rich guys, with more than enough money to burn, can spend exorbitant amounts for just a little amusement.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Now this is all over, can someone explain to me why Rajasthan keep throwing so much money at Jaydev Unadkat?
He had the best stats of any bowler in IPL 2017 in the era of peak Bhuvi and ascendant Bumrah. Won MoM's. Some decent fielding and death bowling and a Hat-Trick. And a 5WI. He later went on to win a MoS award for India admittedly against Sri Lanka but Bhuvi and Bumrah also played IIRC.

Good Indian seamers are super-rare, so it wasn't a big surprise to see the two rebirthed teams after RPS's death going after him in the auction. CSK prob. because Dhoni must have rated him and RR because they were building their whole base from scratch and decided to fall back upon a 'no-expense-spared' ideology after their previous moneyballing came out to be a complete flop. Nobody thought it was insane that he went for the price he did in 2018. 2019 was certainly a surprise given he was released by the same team.

The only way to justify it is that RR thought that his 2018 season was an outlier (rather than his 2017 season) and he would come back to some form if backed long enough. Clearly other teams thought that too which is why he was subjected to a bidding war.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Unadkat has to be the luckiest cricketer millionaire. And who knows, might end up a billionaire if the right stars are aligned.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hardly the luckiest. There have been guys scooped up for hundreds of thousands that barely get to play.