• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2019

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah surely that's especially not on. That's not just "a bad look, something we don't want to encourage", that genuinely carries the risk of escalating a situation massively. You can't have blokes who shouldn't on the field of play running on.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni's behaviour was bad, but he's not a repeat offender when it comes to dissent, haranguing umpires etc. so I can see why he might have been let off with a warning this time. If it had been Kohli, it would have definitely been ban-worthy.
lol he's not being let off with a warning because of good behaviour, he's being let off because he's MSD. it's ban worthy for any captain but it's not gonna be applied to MSD. Going onto the field is a disgrace

slowfinger

International Debutant
Yeah surely that's especially not on. That's not just "a bad look, something we don't want to encourage", that genuinely carries the risk of escalating a situation massively. You can't have blokes who shouldn't on the field of play running on.
120994.jpg

bring back the pitch invasion

vcs

I wish ***** was here to tell us how the umpires having to book a cab to leave the ground after the match interfered with their ability to call a shoulder-high full-toss as a no-ball. :(

vcs

Yeah, it's crap behavior, not gonna argue otherwise. I have a soft spot for MSD and he's generally been a decent bloke, that's all.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Yeah, it's crap behavior, not gonna argue otherwise. I have a soft spot for MSD and he's generally been a decent bloke, that's all.
to be fair when you read his side of the argument it doesn't seem so polarising, from his POV it seems he was just trying to gain clarity on the situation, not condoning his action but still

Zinzan

Gawd Lockie Ferguson was awful. Bad signs from a NZ World cup POV that he can't seem to land a yorker under pressure. Further proof that pace is meaningless at the top level, unless you actually have control.

Daemon

holy **** Andre Russell is averaging 100 at an SR of 200+ in 6 innings. 50 boundaries in 150 balls faced.

completely insane numbers.

Zinzan

holy **** Andre Russell is averaging 100 at an SR of 200+ in 6 innings. 50 boundaries in 150 balls faced.

completely insane numbers.
The world T20 MVP atm for sure.. followed by Rashid Khan & Kieron Pollard,

TheJediBrah

Hasn't Pollard been terrible for years?

Anyway give me quality international opposition and I'd take Kohli or Warner every time. Russell has shown he can bully domestic attacks though and props to him for that.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Talking about career records I'm surprised how bad Russell's is. 17 with the bat 36 with the ball. Only taken 25 wickets in 47 games.

Definitely in a hot streak right now though as zinzan alludes to