• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2019

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Plenty of garbage from Stokes. Can't hit the ball off the square since the bristol incident. Ballsy move by Rahane giving him the last over too.

Umpires gave Dhoni plenty of latitude today. Let him catch his breath after running some quick twos, when bowler was ready to bowl. Then he runs onto the field to complain about an umpiring decision after he was out and the game was still going on. I doubt we'll be seeing a ban though.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Terrible umpiring, was a massive no ball.
I don't know to be honest. It was on its way down and the bat was extended far beyond the batsmen's body. I reckon that would have probably dipped enough by the time it reached him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bruce Oxenford is an experienced umpire, he doesn't deserve this crap for Dhoni.
Experienced or not, that was an abysmal decision. I mean it was well above Santner's waist in spite of the fact he was in the air.

Full credit to Santner, must be said. To remain that calm last ball to wait on that slower ball was impressive.

Zinzan

I don't know to be honest. It was on its way down and the bat was extended far beyond the batsmen's body. I reckon that would have probably dipped enough by the time it reached him.
Huh? You and Oxenford are the only people in the universe who saw it that way. All the commentators could see it was a clear no ball. Why they wouldn't check it in a big moment like that is beyond me, unless they're not allowed to.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Huh? You and Oxenford are the only people in the universe who saw it that way. All the commentators could see it was a clear no ball. Why they wouldn't check it in a big moment like that is beyond me, unless they're not allowed to.
I mean I'm not necessarily convinced that it weren't a no ball, just saying why I could see it being called as such, and especially from the square-leg umpire who is there specifically to judge these kinds of things that are ultimately missed by the other umpire (as was the case here). I've not actually looked at the rules properly but I'm pretty sure the ball is always judged from where it would be if it actually reached the batsmen where he stands, so it really isn't as bizarre a judgement as you are seeming to make out

Burner

International Regular
Stokes really is a terrible bowler under pressure. I rate the guy but these last over performances are hilarious.

Borges

International Regular
This is laughable; Dhoni should have been slammed with a lot more than a token fine for that.

_Ed_

Meanwhile, a forgettable game for Smith - a laborious 15 (22), then talking his teammates into a hilariously bad DRS.

vcs

Dhoni's behaviour was bad, but he's not a repeat offender when it comes to dissent, haranguing umpires etc. so I can see why he might have been let off with a warning this time. If it had been Kohli, it would have definitely been ban-worthy.