• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Spark

Global Moderator
You won't have to go that far. Just hang around here for a while.
Nah they've been next level throughout this series. Sour and angling for absolutely any hint of controversy then can try to sink into. Vaughan the most egregious but far from the only or even the worst offender.

And, look, afaic if you work for these publications you permanently forfeit your right to the moral high ground on any issue, cancers on western society that they are.

Window

U19 Debutant
Yeah I find this Australian team fairly likeable and I think the series was played in good spirits, a couple of small incidents not withstanding. Even those were blown out of proportion when they really weren't of note.

cnerd123

likes this
asian parents smh
Washington Sundar's dad was the same way

"I am disappointed he did not get a 100. When Siraj came, he should have hit fours and sixes. He is capable of that. He should have gone for sixes. He could have gone for pulls and big hits. Perhaps, he thought of trying to come close to Australia's total, as the deficit was very less.

Shri

Mr. Glass
been 5 years since aus last won a series against india in tests

17 years since they beat us away from their home

this is a dream lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

this is new in my memory. just goes to show that for all the noise and hubbub, the two boards really did mostly go out of their way to try and put on a good series in good spirit.

cue snarky, bitter tweets from english tabloid journalists when they see this.
I dont think it is new, but usually they say this out in the presentation at the end of the tour or something when someone from the board attends to give away some awards.

I do think there is a decent chance that a big role was played by Ganguly here. He has shown that he can play politics like any other BCCI power figure but when it comes to things like day night tests, the planning and co-operation for this tour in such tough times etc., I feel his perspective as a former player, captain etc. really made a lot of things possible. And yes, such a series does not happen without co-operation of both boards, like every other series in 2020 and since. So both of them deserve a lot of credit, CA deserves more as the hosts and pulling it off without any major hitches for the most part.

Kirkut

International Regular
Not even the most parochial Indian fans would feel there is anything wrong with this. Cummins was absolutely unbelievable. One who truly exhibited the erstwhile tag of "Australianism". He never ever ever gave up, and I could scarcely understand how he managed the stamina to bowl that last spell and produce unplayable deliveries.

Such an amazing player. Never gave a loose delivery, always always st the wickets or in the channel.
He's that type of a bowler whom you know can get wicket literally off every ball.

Watching Cummins bowl makes me think of how Lillee looked at his prime.