• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Urgh I hate that xG **** in football and am pretty sure I'll hate it even more in cricket.
It's too new to football(and now cricket). Advanced analytics in American sports took many many years to develop but they are very useful now.

I actually welcome them to football and cricket but they are a work in progress.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So when was there a better series in Australia than this one? The 1960/61 tied test series against WI is probably the benchmark, and I'm not saying this one was better than that, but maybe this is the second best in the last 60 years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So when was there a better series in Australia than this one? The 1960/61 tied test series against WI is probably the benchmark, and I'm not saying this one was better than that, but maybe this is the second best in the last 60 years.
92/93 v West Indies was epic, as was 81/82 and imho 79/80 was the best and highest quality summer of cricket I can ever recall. This is been very good though. The series' where bowling is >>>> batting always seem the most compelling and entertaining.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Just noticed that Cummins got player of the series. Was thinking that's not right and that player of the series really should go to a player from the winning side. But then I remembered how few of India's players actually got through more than a couple of tests. The only Indian players who are really in the equation would be Bumrah who took 11 wickets at 30 (and was absent for the final test) and Pujara who scored 270 runs at 34. Very very rare case where awarding it to a player from the losing team is appropriate, really emphasises how well India came together as a team.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Cummins was the best most consistent player this series, was basically single handedly keeping Australia in it yesterday with no support from the other end (apart from Haze who was still great in patches but looked understandably exhausted towards the end). If they wanted to give it to one of India's players, I'd say one of Ashwin or Gill or Pujara would've been good choices.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
92/93 Frank Worrell trophy was pretty good as Australians of a certain vintage will attest to - my fellow Sydneysiders Burgey and Cribbage.

Man I miss competitive Australia west Indies clashes.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The 2008/09 Aus v SA test series was a cracker, even if it was unfortunately wrapped after game 2. Three excellent back and forth matches. Wouldn't rate it above this one though.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Just noticed that Cummins got player of the series. Was thinking that's not right and that player of the series really should go to a player from the winning side. But then I remembered how few of India's players actually got through more than a couple of tests. The only Indian players who are really in the equation would be Bumrah who took 11 wickets at 30 (and was absent for the final test) and Pujara who scored 270 runs at 34. Very very rare case where awarding it to a player from the losing team is appropriate, really emphasises how well India came together as a team.
Not even the most parochial Indian fans would feel there is anything wrong with this. Cummins was absolutely unbelievable. One who truly exhibited the erstwhile tag of "Australianism". He never ever ever gave up, and I could scarcely understand how he managed the stamina to bowl that last spell and produce unplayable deliveries.

Such an amazing player. Never gave a loose delivery, always always st the wickets or in the channel.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think in terms of quality of cricket played, there maybe other series but I think for sheer drama and the narrative, this one stands on its own at least amongst the series I have seen in Australia starting from 1991.