• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hartley would’ve got away if she didn’t use the four(!) clapping emojis.

If she posted a single ? instead she would’ve got away without incurring the wrath of selfless Rory Burns, who’s supporting the Women’s game single handedly with his 30 run average and ghastly batting aesthetics.

cnerd123

likes this
okay just read about it. oof that's bad. not even sure if it's true? assume the English Women's setup is self sufficient at this stage.

jcas0167

International Debutant
okay just read about it. oof that's bad. not even sure if it's true? assume the English Women's setup is self sufficient at this stage.
I take it he means they support the team in terms of applauding them and not mocking them or joking when they lose which Hartley did about the men's team. If one of the men's players tweeted it was "nice of the girls" to finish their game in time for the men's game, after they had suffered a humiliating loss they would be slammed.

I mean it seems clear to me Hartley's tweet was good natured banter, but I can see why the guys involved in a terrible defeat might not see the funny side. I see following this Dale Steyn also got his nose out of joint over Doull's light hearted comments about his haircut.

Daemon

Yeah obviously Hartley was out of line there, but the whole support thing coming from Burns is really funny.

He’s actively hurting the mens game with his presence at the crease. People tune back in once he gets out.

Daemon

He actually averages more balls at the crease than anyone England have made open since Cook

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What's funny is Rory Burns was kinda Ash's bunny even in that county game. I dont think they will go back to him and I dont think they will drop Bairstow after just one game, even if it is only to make some non-existent point about their pre-ordained breaks.