• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India vs England 2021 General Discussion thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Apologies if already discussed, I cbf reading the whole thread, but is this being shown in Australia? Not been happy with the lack of test cricket being shown of late.

Spark

Global Moderator
Apologies if already discussed, I cbf reading the whole thread, but is this being shown in Australia? Not been happy with the lack of test cricket being shown of late.
it's such bull****. what's the point of having a 24 hour cricket channel if you can't be bothered getting rights to test series around the world

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There's always some blog or other streaming the games live. Unless it's a question of scruples, you can always scrounge up a link once the match starts.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's always some blog or other streaming the games live. Unless it's a question of scruples, you can always scrounge up a link once the match starts.
beyond anything else, those often have a length delay which is pretty annoying. like an over or more.

Isura

U19 Captain
If I remember rightly, last time England toured they ran up several 400+ scores in the first innings of games but still lost extremely heavily as India would respond with 600 each time. It'll need Bess and Leach to perform far better than Moeen and Rashid did last time if England are to be in with a shout. Hopefully we push them close but it would be a surprise if we came close to even drawing the series.
First test England 500+ and draw. Second and third tests England failed to reach 300. This is true for 4th and
I protest against creating sub forums for only big 3 series #subforumsforeveryone
One thread per series seems utterly sufficient.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
So I was rewatching the 2016 series and couldn't believe how many anomalies there were
Karen Nair 300, Jayant Yadav 100, a recall for Gareth Batty after 12 years (completely forgot about that!) and Zafar Ansari playing 3 tests and promptly retiring from the sport the following year

Bloody weird

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol. We will beat them with pace, they won't see that coming ?

That seems to be the most logical reason I can come up with, really. Feb s still remnants of winter here so I guess there will be enough swing on offer, esp. with the sea breeze setting in.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The title is misleading, only the outfield has an 'English look'.

Traditionally the Chepauk pitch has worn a bald look. However this time around it has been lush green across the square and the outfield. The TNCA had hosted a few practice matches at the venue ahead of the group phase of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in the first half of January.

"There is no open spot. The outfield has a soft bed and is lush green," Ramesh says.
The groundsmen are working on two different types of pitch with varying soil profiles. One is purely red soil, but its character is different to the red soil at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, which generally provides bounce and assistance to all bowlers. The red soil in Chennai, on the other hand, can become flat quickly once rolled. This is one reason - at the moment - the pitch will have a greenish cover on the first day. The second pitch has a mixed profile: a base with the local red soil of about three inches with a top layer comprising black clay. A final decision on which pitch will host the first Test will be made in the days leading up to the match.