• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v England T20 International series in Ahmedabad

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Morgan has been weak imo, to not even consider batting first after winning the toss in any of the games.. (solely focused on making the most of the toss advantage) when this series was supposed to be a 'proper' preparation for the t20 wc, well if you don't even try defending a target in heavily dewy conditions, you obviously haven't had an ideal preparation because you're going to lose tosses too and maybe some crucial ones as well!

Would have been interesting to see England defend 180 with a soaked ball. But Morgan didn't have the guts to put his bowlers to the test! Worse still, losing back to back games after the toss against India without Bumrah, Jadeja. I genuinely don't think Morgan/this management will win the T20 wc this year!

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
That is meaningless record like SA's ODI W/L ratio.
We choke when it matters.
Thats true especially in world T20s

India tries to emulate the English football team who in the past have been so hyped up because of the English Premier League and then have choked spectacularly on the world stage. Likewise the Indian cricket team after all the IPL hype in world t20s gone by.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Came here to ask why Curran was demoted to #9 but I guess there was no (good) reason.

Caught bits and pieces of the match via radio and it sounded like the perfect match to promote him up the order. I was following when Buttler was dismissed and thought he would have been a good shout to send him in then. Demoting him seems like madness.

Reactions: FBU

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Came here to ask why Curran was demoted to #9 but I guess there was no (good) reason.

Caught bits and pieces of the match via radio and it sounded like the perfect match to promote him up the order. I was following when Buttler was dismissed and thought he would have been a good shout to send him in then. Demoting him seems like madness.
Ever since that call to bowl Rashid in the last over against Starc, I wonder about Morgan's thinking. Sometimes he makes a gut call that has no logic backing it up. Wonder if winning a world cup has gone to his head, fancies himself some genius thinker.

Reactions: FBU

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
England were outskilled in the end. No shame in their display. India not surprisingly with the IPL have excellent strength in depth. I think that's 7 T20 series' unbeaten for India.

White Ball

State 12th Man
India certainly seem to have the wood over England in T20 that is 3 series in a row.

Great T20 cricket by both sides. As a white ball fan this series and the ODIS will be great to follow before the IPL

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was a really nice little series to follow.

Archer, Wood and Rashid make a great core attack and were quite exciting to watch. Jordan not being very good at death bowling anymore is going to keep hurting though them unless they trust Stokes/Curran to do it and bin him.

For India it’s been a pretty important series in terms of finding the right combinations, even if we’re not quite there yet.

Sky - Has to be a permanent fixture in the side
Rahul - If his IPL form is **** and he does his accumulating **** again then he doesn’t start. Otherwise I still think he should be the second choice opener after Rohit.
Kishan - Reserve opener
Pant - Drop him, let Rahul/Kishan keep
Iyer - I’m still not fully convinced but he was pretty decent. Could lose his spot anytime though if/when Kishan/Rahul return to open and everyone else moves down one.
Chahar - Potential there
Chahal - Bye
Sundar - If he’s not going to bowl in the powerplay then probably just leave him out
Dhawan - **** in T20s, bye

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good to see two more folks added to the silly Virat hate here. He played the game breaking innings and made the game breaking captaincy decisions (bowling changes from around over 12-14/15). I mentioned in the lounge the pitch was extremely slow in the second half and it was not easy to come in and hit from ball 1. In a game with a lot of good knocks, Virat's was easily the best simply because he batted at a good pace, ensured the good hitters in form were never starved of the strike and also made sure we never had two new batsmen trying to set the pace post the 10th over when the wicket really slowed down. I thought 190-200 was par and that is what it turned it out to be. And even that is because of adding 20-30 runs due to the extreme dew India had to bowl in for two games in a row now.

Rohit unlocking his ability to go after the bowling from ball 1 can be such a huge thing for India. Virohit partnerships can be utterly demoralizing for any team. SKY is just doing SKY things and it is good that the selectors let him make his debut in India than in Australia. We have no idea how he will go in tougher conditions but in India and in current form, he is our best T20 batsman and it is good that he now plays a whole bunch of this format games in India and preps for the WT20. I will even rest him from any away games between now and the WT20 to ensure his confidence stays high. He is a confidence and rhythm player and you don''t want anything to change it.

Pant has still not cracked white ball batting and he is a Lara-esque talent in test matches who should not be wasted too much on white ball games. He is another confidence player and the last thing you want is his red ball confidence to be dented due to some white ball failures. I would rather rest Pant and even Virat from these ODIs and play Kishan and Manish, if he is fit. Adding Bumrah and Jadeja to this XI gives us the complete line up for us.

Rohit
Virat (Rahul etc. as backup)
SKY
Pant/Kishan (wk)
Shreyas
Hardik
Jadeja
Sundar/Chahar/Chahal/Ashwin
Shardul/Nattu
Bhuvi
Bumrah

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
So kohli mentioned that he is considering opening from now on, not sure what to make of that as we have chopped and changed opening pairs throught this series and he threw his weight behind Rahul before the series began. Not to mention, it always feels like Dhawan is 1 good ipl/innings/failure from someone else away from being back in the team. I feel we need 1 batsman who is a dasher, i would have said Pant before the series began but it can be Kishan too. Rohit himself takes time to get going so while the rationale to make your best batsmen play as many balls is right you don't need 2 of the same kind. Kohli also seems to need some runway before he gets going in this format.

Bhuvi is definitely a big plus from this series so too is Pandya willing to open the bowling. This wasn't a series where spinners had any great role to play so it wouldn't have been the worst thing imo to have 1 track which was a bunsen and spinning square from ball 1. Even Morgan mentioned it.

sunilz

International Regular
In yesterday's match 3 wickets fell in 3 overs when Kohli was in dugout and Rohit was the Captain (14-16) . Wish Kohli gives Captaincy to Rohit which is in the best interest of the team

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In yesterday's match 3 wickets fell in 3 overs when Kohli was in dugout and Rohit was the Captain (14-16) . Wish Kohli gives Captaincy to Rohit which is in the best interest of the team
Kohli was only off the field for the Pandya over. Keep the twitter lies to twitter.

sunilz

International Regular
So kohli mentioned that he is considering opening from now on, not sure what to make of that as we have chopped and changed opening pairs throught this series and he threw his weight behind Rahul before the series began. Not to mention, it always feels like Dhawan is 1 good ipl/innings/failure from someone else away from being back in the team. I feel we need 1 batsman who is a dasher, i would have said Pant before the series began but it can be Kishan too. Rohit himself takes time to get going so while the rationale to make your best batsmen play as many balls is right you don't need 2 of the same kind. Kohli also seems to need some runway before he gets going in this format.

Bhuvi is definitely a big plus from this series so too is Pandya willing to open the bowling. This wasn't a series where spinners had any great role to play so it wouldn't have been the worst thing imo to have 1 track which was a bunsen and spinning square from ball 1. Even Morgan mentioned it.
Imagine both Kohli and Rohit getting out in 1st 5 overs. That would be huge headache.