• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v England T20 International series in Ahmedabad

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weird series - a 3-2 scoreline suggests it was close and hard-fought, but none of the games (with the possible exception of the 4th one) were really engrossing contests.

Shri

Mr. Glass
yeah i need to mask up everywhere again

covid is within 5 kms from my suburb according to the newspaper headline on the last page before sports page

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Kohli opening the game for us in T20s was so much better than any other combination. He can play as per the situation and allow the others around him to play freely. I wish we stick to the same combination.

Rohit
Kohli
Surya
Iyer
Pandya
Pant
Jadeja/Axar
Washi/Ash/Chahar(I wish Ash gets picked somehow:dry:)
Bhuvi
Bumrah
Natarajan

Six bowlers, out of which Bumrah, Natrajan and Bhuvi are economical AF. And batting lineup is just strong with backups in Rahul and Ishan if players get injured.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
It's really exposing how one-dimensional this bowling attack is on a flat pitch with true bounce.

Think a Dawson/Briggs would be a good option to open up with. Every international team seems to have a left-arm spinner other than England.
The bowling is good. Rashid is economical and picks key wickets, Wood and Archer are good both with the new ball and at the death. Curran is an excellent bowling-allrounder. Only issue is Jordan. Even Stokes is good as a 6th bowling option.

The thing with Jordan is, despite of being a really good bowling-allrounder, he doesn't fit in this bowling line-up. Archer and Wood are accurate, Rashid isn't easy to get away with either. Curran, Jordan and Stokes are the ones who'll be targeted, and Jordan does give a few hit-me deliveries.
Since both Curran and Archer can tonk a couple of sixes, they just need to replace Jordan with a pure bowler who can handle the death overs.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Kohli opening the game for us in T20s was so much better than any other combination. He can play as per the situation and allow the others around him to play freely. I wish we stick to the same combination.

Rohit
Kohli
Surya
Iyer
Pandya
Pant
Jadeja/Axar
Washi/Ash/Chahar(I wish Ash gets picked somehow:dry:)
Bhuvi
Bumrah
Natarajan

Six bowlers, out of which Bumrah, Natrajan and Bhuvi are economical AF. And batting lineup is just strong with backups in Rahul and Ishan if players get injured.
Only concern is Rohit & Kohli opening combo how will that fare. Rohit despite having 3 T20 tons has a mediocre T20 record & has consistency issue. Even in T20 series we normally see only once he comes off & destroys opposition teams rest of the games he goes missing & that reflects clearly in his T20I record. Kohli is a slow starter but very consistent in the format.
I hope both of them follow this same template with Rohit as the aggressor initially. If it comes off at WT20 we would be unstoppable.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ever since that call to bowl Rashid in the last over against Starc, I wonder about Morgan's thinking. Sometimes he makes a gut call that has no logic backing it up. Wonder if winning a world cup has gone to his head, fancies himself some genius thinker.
Morgan is fascinating, not sure there's a captain in World Cricket that has so much power, but he helped win us a World cup, so basically he calls the shots, and this is his team he wants for t20, and he didn't seem to want to upset that.

Personally I think it was ridiculous we needed to have a look at Hales and Topley somewhere in the series. In the end, even if we'd won the series I think it's was a much better series for India, they learnt so much more for their World Cup campaign.

We learned that Morgan hates Hales, and doesn't want him playing for England. Would rather have him than Roy TBH.

Hey if Eoin wins us another World Cup, hopefully in an unfair manner against the Kiwis for the Lolz, I will be asking for the knighthood of Morgan, and possibly saying his uncompromising vision is the reason for it.

Oh and related can someone start an ODI thread so I can bleat about Cove and Sam Hain not being there.