• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats to India who looked easily the better side in both series for mine. Unlucky not to win the Test series 3-1.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Congrats to India who looked easily the better side in both series for mine. Unlucky not to win the Test series 3-1.
Was coin tosses to be fair and that is sad for India. If Australia batted first and won Adelaide it have turned into a whitewash. If Australia batted first in Melbourne.... Oh who am I kidding.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Unprecedented levels of whining from Australian fans on this thread and it started long before sunilz and co. got stuck in their craw. If they won the toss, if they held on to their catches, if only they used DRS better, if Smith and Warner played...almost (but not quite) makes me wish Siddhu was around to shut them up with his trolling. You put out a **** team, they got beat, that's that. Not getting another chance until India returns to Oz either.

Daemon

Unprecedented levels of whining from Australian fans on this thread and it started long before sunilz and co. got stuck in their craw. If they won the toss, if they held on to their catches, if only they used DRS better, if Smith and Warner played...almost (but not quite) makes me wish Siddhu was around to shut them up with his trolling. You put out a **** team, they got beat, that's that. Not getting another chance until India returns to Oz either.
Shocking post.

None of it was unprecedented :ph34r:

TheJediBrah

Dumb post. Not wrong that there's been a lot of "whining" but it's hardly without reason. Warner and Smith voluntarily being left out in an unprecedented fashion undoubtedly decided the series. Pretty fair to be whining about that tbh, that sort of thing doesn't happen very often.

The tosses were potentially decisive too but you can say that about a lot of Test series.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Dumb post. Not wrong that there's been a lot of "whining" but it's hardly without reason. Warner and Smith voluntarily being left out in an unprecedented fashion undoubtedly decided the series. Pretty fair to be whining about that tbh, that sort of thing doesn't happen very often.

The tosses were potentially decisive too but you can say that about a lot of Test series.
IMO cribbing about the toss is a privilege that should only be applicable for the visiting team. Smith was certainly a big loss but I am not too sure about Warner.

TheJediBrah

IMO cribbing about the toss is a privilege that should only be applicable for the visiting team. Smith was certainly a big loss but I am not too sure about Warner.
Yeah whinging about the toss almost happens every Test series by whichever teams loses the most tosses. I'm not saying that the tosses didn't favour India this series, they absolutely did, but if they had gone the other way then India would be complaining about them and have every right to.

It's the Smith/Warner thing they I think Aus fans have every right to "whinge" about as much as they want. Cricket Aus effectively sacrificed the series in an attempt to show the world they have moral highground when all it's done in the eyes of casual cricket fans around the world is emphasise that they are "cheaters".

Victor Ian

International Coach
You fools are surely not going to start a debate about the whineiness of the toss after my obviously deprecating post are you?

the big bambino

International Captain
If you like Sunilz. Have to say I was disappointed with losing the tosses at Melbourne and Sydney. The toss basically guaranteed victory in Melbourne and losing it at Sydney cooked our bowlers so soon after after the third test. I think you can admit winning those tosses gave India quite an endowment but they exploited it with skilful batting and to their plans. With Australia there was always a chance our weak batting would’ve squandered their opportunities if we batted first.

Last edited:

Daemon

To summarise last few posts can i say that AUS won in 2007-08 because they batted first at MCG and sydney and also umpiring favoured AUS at sydney. When IND batted first at Perth in 2007-08 they won the test and at Adelaide they drew the test . So can i credit AUS 2007-08 series victory to toss and umpiring ?

Results | Australia v India 2007-08 | ESPNcricinfo.com
Nobody is crediting the series win to the tosses. They are merely saying it was an important factor.