• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
One of the reason we struggle to find batsmen that can build big innings is that the pitches in SA are generally pretty tough and the batsmen don't get enough opportunity to do this. It is nice to see that we have had a string of big scores coming out of the FC system, even if some of it may be a drop in quality due to the new structure. The quality batsmen are still mostly scoring the runs.
Pitches against England & to an extent even SL in 2020 were fine. Faf scored 199. I remember Sibley Crawley & Pope smashing tons. Those were batting beauties. Only recently India Pakistan series in SA have been tough for batting.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Really don't know the purpose of ODIs on this tour. T20Is should not have been rescheduled. These ODIs if I am not wrong are also not part of super league.
Anyways strongest Indian XI
Ruturaj
Kishan (wk)
Kohli
Shreyas
Rahul
Venky Iyer
Axar
Chahar
Saini
Ashwin/Chahal
Prasidh Krishna/Bumrah

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
SA the first team to win a 3 match series while not reaching 250

Good in some way and bad in other ways. Heard Polly mention maybe they should ease back on the pitches a bit to give batters more of a chance
Some statistic that one, even if it is slightly misleading as they would have twice passed 250 when comfortably chasing low 200s targets. And I'm not surprised to see that the two closest series both took place in the 19th century.

fwiw I'm with those in favour of relatively sporting tracks. And this series did feature two teams' whose bowling is significantly better than their batting.

Last edited:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
The batting is obviously a big factor but considering that this turned into the bowling shootout that everyone predicted it would be this is where the series was won/lost imo.
1642249722323.png

Saf pacers are undoubtedly taller but Thakur doesn't even use bounce to get wickets where he got more bounce than both Shami and Bumrah. Most of the wickets that fell for us were due to this while it seemed like we were using a strategy that would usually work in less bouncier places like England or the subcontinent in a place where it obviously wouldn't be optimum. I would be interested to see how this compares to our performance in 2018 here.

Heboric

International Debutant
The batting is obviously a big factor but considering that this turned into the bowling shootout that everyone predicted it would be this is where the series was won/lost imo.
View attachment 30455

Saf pacers are undoubtedly taller but Thakur doesn't even use bounce to get wickets where he got more bounce than both Shami and Bumrah. Most of the wickets that fell for us were due to this while it seemed like we were using a strategy that would usually work in less bouncier places like England or the subcontinent in a place where it obviously wouldn't be optimum. I would be interested to see how this compares to our performance in 2018 here.
Remember though Duanne Olivier was rather ineffective

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Based on the trajectory there, that looks out, if not clipping at worst.
It is honestly up there as one of the oddest hawkeyes Ive seen considering it's hit low-ish on the kneeroll and his stride while long isnt even actually that long because his back foot is welllll within his crease. Surprising it wasnt clipping for sure. Not sure its shocking enough to cry conspiracy though.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
It is honestly up there as one of the oddest hawkeyes Ive seen considering it's hit low-ish on the kneeroll and his stride while long isnt even actually that long because his back foot is welllll within his crease. Surprising it wasnt clipping for sure. Not sure its shocking enough to cry conspiracy though.
Maybe they were still pissed about the Agarwal decision in the first test? Hawkeye's been wonky all series - it's not necessarily conspiracy but something was seriously dodgy (and I mean that in a something ****ed up, rather than cheating) with the feed/images etc.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh so now we agree Hawkeye ****s up sometimes

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli's totally blaming the broadcaster for that.
There are no restrictions to crowd photography in pro cricket. People can and do take incredibly sophisticated cameras to modern sports nowadays. I have now doubt that home team broadcasters are continually on the lookout for extra spice, colour and controversy. But to say that the Saffer ones are doing this tactically is paranoia imo. What they are good at and I have mixed feelings about it is finding scantily clad spectators in the crowd.
hah, yeah it’s always been notable how much time the SA camera operators spend perving on attractive young women in the crowd.