• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah, have long believed that the way the tail bats is a good barometer for your side's committment to doing the little things properly. you can't tell me that these blokes don't have the capability to hang around and block while a set batsman plunders at the other end. if the genuinely hopeless glenn mcgrath can learn to do it, they can too.
Shami's was the last ball of the over too. Embarassing stuff, should get a very stern telling off in the dressing room.

anil1405

International Captain
Okay my chase prediction: early wickets of Elgar and/or Markram,some resistance from KP and/or Temba and then it all comes crashing down to 150 all out. Not usually a pessimistic SA fan,but I can't see any of our batsman playing an innings like Pant. Elgar surely can't repeat his Wanderers epic.
Why not? I feel India are 30-40 runs short here and it's advantage Proteas imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
He was going for it, just couldnt hit the gaps. I dont think he's a particularly great placer of the ball. Gets it done by lofting it or just pure muscle.

I think if you want to be really harsh, could say he should've tried to run a few twos. But he wasnt moving well at the end there.
yeah tbf, if that injury compromised his power hitting then he was basically stuck.

cnerd123

likes this
yeah, have long believed that the way the tail bats is a good barometer for your side's committment to doing the little things properly. you can't tell me that these blokes, with all the coaches and resources at their disposal, don't have the capability to learn to hang around and block while a set batsman plunders at the other end. if the genuinely hopeless glenn mcgrath can learn to do it, they can too.
I think they're just pissed at the batters continuously failing and cbf bailing the side out with both bat and ball.

Below par chase here. Elgar to remain not out as SA cruise this imo.

subshakerz

International Coach
Okay my chase prediction: early wickets of Elgar and/or Markram,some resistance from KP and/or Temba and then it all comes crashing down to 150 all out. Not usually a pessimistic SA fan,but I can't see any of our batsman playing an innings like Pant. Elgar surely can't repeat his Wanderers epic.
Yeah I also see a flatter-to-deceive scenario with a late order crash. I think the 200 score is a mental barrier. Crossing it again will be a lot of pressure.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only reason this pitch is tough to bat on is the uncomfortable bounce, and India haven't got the bowlers to get it up to glove/splice level like SA did. Been the difference between the teams since the second test. Felt like India needed 250 odd.

subshakerz

International Coach
I have never seen a batsmen be so casual in a high-pressure scenario like Pant just now. It was as if he was playing in his backyard.

subshakerz

International Coach
The only reason this pitch is tough to bat on is the uncomfortable bounce, and India haven't got the bowlers to get it up to glove/splice level like SA did. Been the difference between the teams since the second test. Felt like India needed 250 odd.
250 would be safe. 200 I think is still edge India.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Excited to see how Van Der Dussen goes. Looked like a nervous wreck in the first innings. Problems look mental rather than technical and roll-back 2 years was probably the in-form all format bat in the world. Petersen-VdD-Bavuma is a pretty classy middle order.

It's not like the pitch is misbehaving, just a lot of bounce, which these guys should be used to, and the lower release points of the India bowlers (Yadav excluded who I concede looks pretty menacing based on his first innings) mean they might not be able to take the same advantage. SA have the potential to chase this down IMO.

anil1405

International Captain
SA have done very well this series despite the pessimism of their fans here. They're one decent batting effort away from a series win against the purported best team in the world, with fairly limited resources at their disposal. Won't grudge them if it happens.
Yes. They've been the more disciplined side both with bat and ball.