• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so in the end, the last four wickets fell within 28 runs. it was admittedly very odd to watch but you can't really say those tactics didn't work
10 of those came off two balls as well. Was definitely worth Pant doing that even though Yadav got out next over.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Test 100s by Indian wicket-keepers outside Asia
118 V Manjrekar v WI Kingston 1952/53
115*A Ratra v WI St John's 2002
104 W Saha v WI Gros Islet 2016
114 R Pant v Eng The Oval 2018
159*R Pant v Aus Sydney 2018/19
100*R Pant v SA Cape Town 2021/22

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
ashwin got a century in the second test. yes it was bowler friendly but not that bowler friendly, aside from one game.
No no, the pitches were terrible, not fit for international cricket:ph34r:

Also, a second innings century at that venue is pretty special. Chennai's pitch turns square as the game progresses.

Spark

Global Moderator
10 of those came off two balls as well. Was definitely worth Pant doing that even though Yadav got out next over.
it's why i was surprised that pant, if anything, wasn't going harder. okay SA weren't likely to get him out, but he really wasn't hurting them either. SA would definitely take 1rpo and 2 balls at the tail indefinitely until what happened, happened.

Teja.

Global Moderator
yeah like, just on a skill-based level - which, we should all remember, is kind of important as cricket is a fundamentally skill-based game - the bloke has elite, generational-level talent as far as picking the length of the ball goes. gets into position so, so early.
and the guy has played classics in marquee series decider games at Sydney, Brisbane, Lords and here in a span of a year.

The temperament is not a fluke.

subshakerz

International Coach
Gotta say SA bowled well as these were the best batting conditions of the match. Pant was amazing, scoring 100 out of 140 runs while he was at the crease. His innings made the difference. Still dont understand Kohli being so slow. This match looks like its going to be another scrapper.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's why i was surprised that pant, if anything, wasn't going harder. okay SA weren't likely to get him out, but he really wasn't hurting them either. SA would definitely take 1rpo and 2 balls at the tail indefinitely until what happened, happened.
He was going for it, just couldnt hit the gaps. I dont think he's a particularly great placer of the ball. Gets it done by lofting it or just pure muscle.

I think if you want to be really harsh, could say he should've tried to run a few twos. But he wasnt moving well at the end there.

Bahseph

State Captain
Okay my chase prediction: early wickets of Elgar and/or Markram,some resistance from KP and/or Temba and then it all comes crashing down to 150 all out. Not usually a pessimistic SA fan,but I can't see any of our batsman playing an innings like Pant. Elgar surely can't repeat his Wanderers epic.

Spark

Global Moderator
Dravid needs to stamp this rot out of the team at the outset. If a guy deemed reckless can play the way Pant did today, the rest ought to whip themselves raw for the manner they got out.
yeah, have long believed that the way the tail bats is a good barometer for your side's committment to doing the little things properly. you can't tell me that these blokes, with all the coaches and resources at their disposal, don't have the capability to learn to hang around and block while a set batsman plunders at the other end. if the genuinely hopeless glenn mcgrath can learn to do it, they can too.

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Test 100s by Indian wicket-keepers outside Asia
118 V Manjrekar v WI Kingston 1952/53
115*A Ratra v WI St John's 2002
104 W Saha v WI Gros Islet 2016
114 R Pant v Eng The Oval 2018
159*R Pant v Aus Sydney 2018/19
100*R Pant v SA Cape Town 2021/22
No century from Thala so sad

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Man, the betting sites have not caught up to the shambles that is the Indian batting lineup.

Making some nice change left and right betting against the Indian batting lineup here. I kept on placing small bets as the wickets started dropping and I couldn’t believe the odds they were giving were still so good!

87649E8D-05EF-4DF7-A245-750757DE90F6.jpeg