• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Spark

Global Moderator
or, you know, captains could have a ****ing 3rd man

this no 3rd man tactic really pisses me off sorry
I previously would have agreed but this genuinely seems to be working, hardly anything is getting to third man now other than genuine edges bouncing through the cordon and you don't waste a fielder on those. But the jury is out whether you can just stick a tall fast bowler in there and get the same result or whether you do need some sort of lab grown freak cricketer like Green.

But yeah that Ashes in 2013 where Ian Bell spent the entire series gliding the ball down to third man on pudding pitches and Clarke kept refusing to a third man in drove me to distraction.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I previously would have agreed but this genuinely seems to be working, hardly anything is getting to third man now other than genuine edges bouncing through the cordon and you don't waste a fielder on those. But the jury is out whether you can just stick a tall fast bowler in there and get the same result or whether you do need some sort of lab grown freak cricketer like Green.

But yeah that Ashes in 2013 where Ian Bell spent the entire series gliding the ball down to third man on pudding pitches and Clarke kept refusing to a third man in drove me to distraction.
India in the last game had 2 slips, no gully AND no third man for a period of time. It was awful for a pitch with that sort of bounce.

Spark

Global Moderator
India in the last game had 2 slips, no gully AND no third man for a period of time. It was awful for a pitch with that sort of bounce.
Yeah I couldn't believe that, it was like Rahul had never actually paid attention to any of the cricket he'd played in Aus or SA before

Spark

Global Moderator
Only criticism is that Kohli is leaving, or could leave, pretty much all of these on length - might need to get it 1/2 a metre fuller

edit: well aside from the odd legside pie which is what kohli is sweating on