• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Shri

Mr. Glass
That Ishant, Jadeja and Bhuvneshwar are lemons in this bowling attack is public knowledge, but the poor form of Ashwin over an entire year, no two, is disturbing. He's not a terrible bowler, by any means, and has played plenty of games for India, so he needs to be restored to top form. The way this team is run, he may just end up being another Ishant- brilliant bowler turned to utter rubbish over time. Let's hope that doesn't happen. It's not funny when your best spinner averages over 40 for 20 matches in a row.
Needs better support. If he is still bad when he bowls with other good bowlers, he should be dropped.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what type of record Ojha has in limited overs, but given the way he's been shafted from the test team, is it reasonable to assume he's also been shafted from the ODI team?

Blocky

Banned
Sorry, sorry

Further review of DWL method.

The wickets at the time of the break are the only ones that count, at that stage, we were two down which means we had 85% of our "resources" left - resource is one of the variables in that calculation. India will likely need thirty to forty more than we scored.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
**** off McCullum, I wanted to see The Honkey Tonky Man.

E: and he steals the strike. WAC.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
By my calculation... if we score 270 (10 off the next two) - India will need to hit 296, 274 would mean they chase 300. 280 would mean they chase around 310.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
haha NcCullum is pretty crap from the little I've seen, doesn't even look like he wants to bat lol. India really helping themselves out with these wkts.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know what type of record Ojha has in limited overs, but given the way he's been shafted from the test team, is it reasonable to assume he's also been shafted from the ODI team?
It's gotta be Mishra as next in line. He did really well to earn his recall in the Australia series. Pity he ended up with poor figures in that one game though. Bowled well first up, had a chance that went down iirc and a mi**** that nearly carried. Bailey took him apart after that and he ended up with **** figures and got dropped again.

He's a legit attacking option though. Really rate him.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ojha appears to be a left-arm version of Ashwin who can't bat. Nothing special about him. He's got a Test bowling average of 30 without leaving Asia, to give you a hint. Besides, Mumbai's Iqbal Abdulla has a much superior limited-overs record to Ojha's.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
So in this 42 over match, we are looking at getting a similar score to the one in the 21 over match we played three weeks ago.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've clearly been practicing bowling yorkers. No surprises that Ishant is the only one who still can't bowl them.