• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking to people you barely know (outside of counsellors) about such sensitive stuff is weird though. Maybe Kohli can relate and help but the rest? Doubt so.

I mean would you really want to speak to Dhawan about this after what he did to Watson?
Wow what a **** post, Daemon! All of Dhawan's antics aside, are you actually saying that he would not know how to behave or what to say in a delicate moment like this? You have to seriously think the world of yourself to sit in judgement of people on such matters.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Maybe it is just me but I feel cricket will be far more humane after this tragedy. It is as if it has got compassion and a bit of a soul now. I hope profiteering ****s who make truckloads of money without caring about the health of the game are outset from it for good.
who are these evil monsters you speak of?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely losing one of your parents would hit you harder than losing a (team)mate, right? I understand it's partly around the circumstances of the death but still...
As Nate said, there's no set levels of grief. You have to keep in mind that Hughes died on the field playing with and against the team mates who are meant to be lining up at the Gabba. The very game they all play killed him. I can understand the players being in no fit state to play.

Daemon

Wow what a **** post, Daemon! All of Dhawan's antics aside, are you actually saying that he would not know how to behave or what to say in a delicate moment like this? You have to seriously think the world of yourself to sit in judgement of people on such matters.
I didn't say that he'd do it again, I'm sure he wouldn't even dream of it. I just wouldn't want to speak to a guy who mocked my teammate when he was injured because he's quite clearly a dick.

howardj

International Coach
Brisbane Test hanging by a thread

Would be gutted if it was axed - considering it will be our only chance to see the Australian team at all this Summer…other than the marque match-up against world cricket superpower Bangladesh!!!!)

cnerd123

likes this
Brisbane Test hanging by a thread

Would be gutted if it was axed - considering it will be our only chance to see the Australian team at all this Summer…other than the marque match-up against world cricket superpower Bangladesh!!!!)
Would it really be worth watching if the players minds and hearts are not into it tho?

howardj

International Coach
The Australian newspaper understands the Adelaide Test will be moved forward by three or four days, there will be a three day break after that game and the Brisbane match will begin.

POSSIBLE SCHEDULE (yet to be confirmed)
First Test in Adelaide: Dec 9/10 to Dec 13/14
Second Test in Brisbane: Dec 17/18 to Dec 21/22
Third Test in Melbourne: Dec 26 to Dec 30
Fourth Test in Sydney: Jan 6 to Jan 10
ODI Tri Series starts Jan 16

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, interesting. Unlikely to be able to attend the SCG test unless it goes day 5 (to Saturday). Ah well.

Spikey

yet to hear a good reason as to why we shouldn't just cancel the brisbane test tbh