• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, It's Australia's home series the pressure of broadcasters and Ticket holders and sales etc.. will be on CA. BCCI will most likely go with whatever CA decides unless it affects it's further schedules.

The statement also says -

“We appreciate the incredible understanding and support of the Board of Control for Cricket in India. It has been nothing short of outstanding during these difficult times."

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Are there too many complications for moving both the first and second test? I mean I just looked at the schedule and there's like 10 days between the second and 3rd test which is really odd, especially considering there is no tour game in-between that.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
some guy: "hey davey, I know you're really sad...but I think this will cheer you up
Virat Kohli: HEY BUDDY WHAT'S UP?! *does finger guns*

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
On a serious note I do recall that Kohli's father passed away before some major cricket match of his.

Probably not a bad person to talk to about what they are feeling.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. Kohli for all the **** that gets thrown at him, is actually someone who has had to deal with something like this.. He can surely help at some level...

Daemon

Speaking to people you barely know (outside of counsellors) about such sensitive stuff is weird though. Maybe Kohli can relate and help but the rest? Doubt so.

I mean would you really want to speak to Dhawan about this after what he did to Watson?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Speaking to people you barely know (outside of counsellors) about such sensitive stuff is weird though. Maybe Kohli can relate and help but the rest? Doubt so.

I mean would you really want to speak to Dhawan about this after what he did to Watson?

Well, a lot of the Aussies have behaved just as weirdly, if not worse, on the field before this tragedy.. What I mean to say is if there are players in the Aussie team who are on decent enough terms to be able to speak to some of the Indians about it and IF there is anyway they can be helpful then they should do it and "What will the Indians know about this" should not stop them.. Now of course, if none of the players are that close to any of the Indian guys then obviously it is not going to happen.. But I would imagine the IPL has got some of the guys closer.. So who knows?

PS: Dhawan is probably not the one anyone is considering but maybe some of the guys like Mitch and Bailey and Maxwell might be able to talk about it with someone like Bangar, who from all accounts was a very comforting type of a coach for the players at Kings XI...

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
On a serious note I do recall that Kohli's father passed away before some major cricket match of his.

Probably not a bad person to talk to about what they are feeling.
Yes, he insisted on playing (his team was on the verge of defeat). He did save the match with a sterling 90 and then afterwards attended his dad's funeral. Takes a mind of steel to do that.

Father dead, he bats to save Delhi - Indian Express

And to say he was all of 18 yrs of age. Incredible mental strength.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes, he insisted on playing (his team was on the verge of defeat). He did save the match with a sterling 90 and then afterwards attended his dad's funeral. Takes a mind of steel to do that.

We had a thread about it here.. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/21369-tremendous-show-commitment-18-year-old.html.

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

It is a goodwill gesture.

Personally I think Indian team is in the wrong place at a wrong time at the moment. Given the circumstances, they too are affected by this loss and they don't even have the solace of their family nearby. They are huddled in hotel rooms surrounded by the negativity of the unfortunate demise of Phil hughes. I think they should've been allowed to fly back to India for a week or 10 days till Australian players have mourned Phil. It's just not fair on anyone.

cricket can and must take backseat during these times.

Last edited:

Daemon

Well, a lot of the Aussies have behaved just as weirdly, if not worse, on the field before this tragedy.. What I mean to say is if there are players in the Aussie team who are on decent enough terms to be able to speak to some of the Indians about it and IF there is anyway they can be helpful then they should do it and "What will the Indians know about this" should not stop them.. Now of course, if none of the players are that close to any of the Indian guys then obviously it is not going to happen.. But I would imagine the IPL has got some of the guys closer.. So who knows?

PS: Dhawan is probably not the one anyone is considering but maybe some of the guys like Mitch and Bailey and Maxwell might be able to talk about it with someone like Bangar, who from all accounts was a very comforting type of a coach for the players at Kings XI...
My bad, guilty of not reading the article. What they proposed is just that if any of the Australian players want to speak with some of the Indian guys then they'll help facilitate. I thought they were going to set up some weird counselling session with both sides or something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
@plalor
Why are so many people 2nd guessing BCCI reaction on test cancellation? It is ignorant. Show some respect. The Indians have.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Yes, and similarly Tendulkar played this match 2-3 days after his father's death.

Scorecard - 1999 ICC World Cup - 15th ODI - India v Kenya - 23/05/1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p2fOtz5V84

Last edited: