• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group D Discussion - Pakistan, New Zealand, Bangladesh

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bugger. Ambition got the better of him. Woulda been wided if he'd left it.

Still, you'd take that, eh, EnZedders?
Considering most of us were preparing for a choke vs Bangla spinners, I guess this in't too bad :happy:. Should have known though - we are expert minnow bashers at tournaments.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Disappointing interview from the great man. Used the word "proactive". C'mon Macca; you're better than that.

For once I'd love a batter to say something like "Yeah, fuggin' murdered 'em, didn't I? Was seeing like a beachball." after a great knock.

But I'd probably call him a ****y **** if he did, because I'm mercurial like that. :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Important NZ get a good net run rate from this match, Pakistan could easily thrash NZ and then lose to Bangladesh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol. Ward just had a great burn for Atherton in our studio. McCullum scored more sixes in that innings than Atherton managed in over 23,000 balls faced in FC/List A cricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have a suspicion the game will peter out a bit now.

McCullum blots his copy book there. Regulation. Oram robbed. Although "fast medium"? Are we absolutely sure, ESPN?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Impressive take from Williamson.

Filthy slog from the skipper tho. Banglas showing a disappointing lack of heart for the fight.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
"Such a good fielding side"

am now convinced that a prequisite of getting a commentary job is having absolutely no knowledge of recent cricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Eeuww. Swotting across the line: always looks ugg-lee when one misses the ball. Especially when it's a straight one.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh on track for about 120 here.

Vettori bowls with such a straight seam - it's a marvel, but surely makes picking up the variations easier for the batsman too.

Decent plan by NcCullum to push quite a few of these through leg-sidish.